CC-502 after Bank security enhancements

Options
John1674
John1674 Member ✭✭
Where to start? several months ago my bank South jersey Federal credit union changed its Name to First Harvest Credit Union (https://www.firstharvestcu.com/) After the name change my accounts continued to update and download transactions. starting this past Friday 5/20/2022 the bank shut down to do security enhancements. The enhancements have been completed. The bank changed my account numbers and password. When updating I have changed the username and password to the new credentials and now receive a CC-502 code. I have already tried deactivating and reactivating with same result. When I spoke to the bank, they say everything should still work fine. When questioning about the name change of the bank, they state I should use the new name First Harvest. Problem is when I try to add my accounts as if the first time and search for the institution the name First Harvest credit union doesn't come up in the list.

Really could use some help
John

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @John1674,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

I have been able to replicate not finding First Harvest Credit Union within the Financial Institution List. This means that your bank has not established a new connection with Quicken after changing its name. 

However, we can try to use the old instance, South Jersey Federal Credit Union in a test file to see if we can still get you connected to your accounts.  It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SJVolFan
    SJVolFan Member
    Options
    Not the OP but I also use First Harvest. I don't think the name change is the issue - it happened almost a year ago and my accounts have been updating fine since then. The problem is that the "security enhancements" John mentioned were much more than that. They implemented an entirely new online banking system last week.

The connection type is Quicken Connect (Express Web Connect on Windows). When a bank changes their online banking system is it the responsibility of Quicken or the bank to make the necessary fixes to get the Quicken connection back up and running?
This discussion has been closed.