Problem with One Step Update of Canadian Mutual Fund Prices

Options
BI350dtm
BI350dtm Member ✭✭
Using Quicken Version R40.28 Build 27.1.40.28 Canada Edition for Windows 10 Home

When I run One Step Update it says it can't update one of my Mutual Funds RBF5150. I have this same mutual fund in 3 different accounts and each has a different name in Quicken but all three us the same symbol RBF5150. It is strange because two of the three update the prices but the third one won't. Any experience with this or ideas on how to fix? There are two other different funds that won't update and several others that will, so it is not a universal problem with updating. The funds are listed in Morningstar and have price histories.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @BI350dtm,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Options
    When you select the fund in the "Investing - Portfolio" view, right click it and select "Edit Security".
    In the window that opens make sure both "Type:" and "Exchange:" have "Mutual fund" selected in the drop down boxes next to them. Click "OK" at the bottom of the window and then try the update again. It should work.
    See also - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914081/one-canadian-mutual-fund-pricing-not-being-downloaded-q-win-canada-edited#latest
  • BI350dtm
    BI350dtm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well that was easy. Thank you so much for the guidance. I had missed changing the exchange to mutual funds for the three funds in question.
This discussion has been closed.