CITI CC-502 Error

Options

Answers

• exoilguy
    exoilguy Member
    Options
    I came up with a fix. It has at least worked to get reconnected, Not sure yet that it is a long term fix. 1) Deactivate Online Services from your citi related credit cards in Quicken. 2) Then go to website: citi.com/datamanagement to authorize Citi to allow Quicken to download transactions. This will start a 10 minute timer 3) Then, back in Quicken accounts to Activate Online Services, and reset make sure you LINK your accounts in Quicken. Do NOT select ADD in the dropdown box as that will create a new account. Hope this helps!
  • doudard
    doudard Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep! Here too. Bizarrely, update works with one of my CC accounts at Citi, but not with the other. I am getting tired of being Quicken's guinea pig.
  • MFSur
    MFSur Member
    Options
    I will add my name to the list. Same problem since 5/18/22.
  • ERO
    ERO Member
    Options
    > @Ppresident said:
    > Anyone else continuing to get the CC-502 error when connecting with Citibank?

Continued Issue for me too....as of 6/2/22.
  • M2022
    M2022 Member
    Options
    anybody have a new update on this?
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spoke with Citi Technical Support and they confirmed there is a known but would not provide more details (cause, ETA, etc...). At least technical support on both sides are consistent..ha
  • bert shure
    bert shure Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    By using the ten-minute timer on the Citi website, I was able to get all three credit card accounts to connect.

NONE of the accounts are syncing new transactions. I am getting CC-502 errors.

I was using two-factor authentication. Citi's Level Two support guy had me test and we saw that it needs to be turned off for the ten-minute timer to work AND that turning it off on the Citi website did not actually turn it off right away!

This is a big drag. I would have fewer problems if I had fewer accounts with Citi.
  • Darren2@
    Darren2@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried and it took a couple of tries but eventually I was able to reconnect and download transactions.  Very slow and not quite right yet as some transactions are coming down without descriptions.
  • proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. Haven't been able to download for 3 days.
  • Ppresident
    Ppresident Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, I'm getting very frustrated. Not only do I get the CC-502 error, but when I try to export and manually import the .qxf file transactions I get error OL-362-A. This is getting a little crazy.
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    Options
    This worked for me -- but only for my personal Citi Accounts

1. Quicken: Deactivate the CITI credit card account (earlier post had this step however, I skipped it)
    2. CITI website, search for third party data and look for the entry referencing the Data Management hub. Select Add Access button - this is active for 10 minutes... you will see a countdown
    3. Quicken (Within 10 minutes): Activate the account and run a download.
    I performed these steps twice, one cycle for each CITI credit card account.

I have 2 Citi Business Accounts that do not have an option for Step #2 above. What I am able to do is open a web browser/tab and login to the Citi business account. After logging in, go to Quicken and do an "update now" for the associated account.
  • Jasmo
    Jasmo Member
    Options
    Same Issue
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    This today from chat with Quicken support:

"This has been escalated internally and we are currently working with our service provider to resolve the CC-502 error with citi bank error"

"We don't have any estimate time for it, but once it will be resolve it will be post on the Quicken Community"

We are working to solve the issue as soon as possible.
    Besides that, Is there anything else I can help you with?"

The only positive info is that they acknowledge there is an issue....but otherwise not very transparent (or useful)...
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried the solution mentioned to deactivate and re-activate after enabling the Add Access function.
    My account are now deactivated and reactivation fails with CC-502. I have both Credit Card and personal banking accounts with Citi.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yesterday, after multiple attempts I was able to reactivate, link and download data to my accounts. This AM I got a CC-502 the first time... No error the second... Last update date and time are correct (there were no transactions to download). It seems to be intermittent now (but better than failing everytime...

Let's see...
  • marcy.e
    marcy.e Member
    Options
    Still Getting cc-502 when trying to download from Citi
  • SteveK_ORD
    SteveK_ORD Member ✭✭
    Options
    2+ weeks for me. Now resorting to manually inputting & reconciling into Quicken. That'll be fun once downloading begins again and I'm sure causes duplicates. This really needs to be fixed and has been an ongoing problem w/this just being the latest instance of it
  • krempajs
    krempajs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine finally worked today after removing the connection and re-adding.
  • cdv5574
    cdv5574 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why it takes so long to fix this problem? (CitiBank error CC-50) for Credit cards I get connected but not for checking or savings.
  • cdv5574
    cdv5574 Member ✭✭
    Options
    CitiBank error CC-502 connection problem since last month. I called several times and said working with the bank.
  • tamashi
    tamashi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here since mid-May ...
  • jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    Options
    To say that this has been frustrating would be an understatement. What has worked for me (sometimes) is to select a specific citi account, go to options and perform the Update Now function from there. If it fails, I choose another of my citi accounts and try again. Sometimes the bank account transactions will download but not Credit card accounts and other time the reverse. And then there are times I get CC-800. It befuddles the mind that this problem can go on as long as it has. The product has become much less reliable since going with the subscription-based process and regular updates. Make me wonder about the diligence placed on testing patches.
  • majkstamp
    majkstamp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I went to the desk top app in citi cards and fixed this. Have been dealing with this problem for about a month. Many thanks for the help tip. :-)
  • Brian Weathersbee
    Options
    Same error. Problem started the day after the Chase bank problem was resolved. Also, import QFX fails to load into existing account. A new account is created on import to Quicken as "Line of Credit at Citibank".
  • sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not working for me...tried all the suggestions.. why is this so hard? Quicken isn't free
  • DavidPat7209
    DavidPat7209 Member ✭✭
    Options
    What alternatives to Quicken are there?....Both Citi and Quicken admit this is an issue...but they fail to repair it. How can connecting data work for 20+ years and then break?...unfixably!!!??? It boggles the mind...and makes me want to seek alternatives.
  • maryt0201
    maryt0201 Member
    Options
    I updated using the latest mondo patch and it seems to be working now. No error messages after downloading. Hopefully that continues.
  • krempajs
    krempajs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was connected, then not working via quicken or the browser. Turned out it was my VPN blocking both this time.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since reactivating/re-linking my accounts on June 6th I have been able to use One-step Update successfully. I did not do anything else...
  • rgravens
    rgravens Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Tried repeatedly. Fourth try it worked. Very annoying.
This discussion has been closed.