CITI CC-502 Error

Options
13»

Answers

• IL User
    IL User Member
    Options
    I am also having the same problem since 5/23 and many times previously. Not going to renew for a subscription if auto download is not working problem and have to manual work arounds.
  • ecalderonLizzy
    ecalderonLizzy Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I've been having the 502 error. I had a 506 error, talked to a support person who walked me through the deactivate-activate steps. Download worked. But this morning, I received a 502 error. It seems like this is an ongoing error????? When I get these, sometimes, I just reconcile transactions manually, which isn't ideal because when transactions finally do download, I end up with a bunch of duplicates. I wish this would work.
  • MBZaran
    MBZaran Member
    Options
    I purchased the subscription yesterday and now I find that Quicken has not been able to resolve a problem with Citibank for over 6 months. As of today, June 13th, is there a resolution coming?
  • Herman
    Herman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here ( June 13th ) its been weeks.....have other problems with quicken mobile as well, don't know if this is related.
  • sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem, still paying for Quicken!
  • Darren2@
    Darren2@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Dillehunt1
    Dillehunt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    June 20,2022 and the problem still persists. I've tried resetting everything up multiple times but still no success. Quicken needs to get up with someone at CitiCards and get this resolved!

Additionally, Quicken screens seem to have lost the ability to offer a method to change connection types. This is clearly on Quicken's end so escalate this internally asap. Perhaps this is causing the whole issue.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Citi Credit Cards only: authorization problems or CC-502

You need to allow Quicken access to your Citi credit card account. Follow the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement
    This may not work for Citi Checking, Savings accounts

• Dillehunt1
    Dillehunt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nope. I’ve tried that many times, including disabling multi factor authentication. The system was working fine and then just stopped working a month ago.
  • funkws
    funkws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just tries it again and it seems to be working. Quicken downloaded transactions and completed the update normally. I did not make any changes - I just waited for Citi to address the issue.
  • pierre forgette
    Options
    This is frustrating! I know I can 'manually' update the data, but it will be nice to know that Quicken can/will do it automatically, as we users expect.
  • tbarbe01
    tbarbe01 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem and realized it's actually a Citibank issue. I went into my account and it showed that I hadn't given access to Quicken to connect. They must have updated their security. To fix this, on the citi.com website, I went to Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps, then click on the 'Add Access' button. It will give you 10 minutes to go back into Quicken and run the update. This fixed my problem and I now see Quicken as an approved app in my account on citi.com.
  • Dillehunt1
    Dillehunt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't work for me. I've tried it several times. Based on what I have now discovered, this only works if/when you disable 2-factor authentication on your Citibank account. I've tested this several times now and it will work when 2FA is disabled, and will error out when 2FA is enabled. So, now I have to choose between leaving my credit card account less secure, or manually entering all of my transactions. This really sucks, but it does appear that the issue is Citibank using an unacceptable form of two-factor-authentication for some reason. This isn't an issue with other credit cards or bank accounts, but this is the only thing I can find to make Quicken able to import Citibank (Citicard) transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tbarbe01 said:
    I had this same problem and realized it's actually a Citibank issue. I went into my account and it showed that I hadn't given access to Quicken to connect. They must have updated their security. To fix this, on the citi.com website, I went to Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps, then click on the 'Add Access' button. It will give you 10 minutes to go back into Quicken and run the update. This fixed my problem and I now see Quicken as an approved app in my account on citi.com.

That doesn't work for me. I've tried it several times. Based on what I have now discovered, this only works if/when you disable 2-factor authentication on your Citibank account. I've tested this several times now and it will work when 2FA is disabled, and will error out when 2FA is enabled. So, now I have to choose between leaving my credit card account less secure, or manually entering all of my transactions. This really sucks, but it does appear that the issue is Citibank using an unacceptable form of two-factor-authentication for some reason. This isn't an issue with other credit cards or bank accounts, but this is the only thing I can find to make Quicken able to import Citibank (Citicard) transactions.
    This setting at citicards.com is for Direct Connect, not Express Web Connect.
    And the problems with 2FA are only for Express Web Connect.

Direct Connect talks directly to an "OFX server" on the financial institution's website using the OFX protocol and as such isn't subject to 2FA that is for the website.  Express Web Connect on the other hand is the Intuit server's logging in as you on the financial institution's website.  As such, it is subject all the same restrictions and "flow" that you are when you log into the website.

You have to use "Citi Cards" as the financial institution, not Citibank to get Direct Connect, and this only applies to credit cards, nothing can be done for bank accounts which are Citibank/Express Web Connect only.   See this FAQ:

FAQ: New Citi Cards Process for Direct Connect — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ping
    Ping Member
    Options
    It's been weeks. No information has been forthcoming from quicken. I have been updating my transactions from Citi site manually one account at a time. I am starting to get used to this mode of operation. My subscription of quicken won't be needed soon
  • Mr Bojangles
    Mr Bojangles Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ping said:
    > It's been weeks. No information has been forthcoming from quicken. I have been updating my transactions from Citi site manually one account at a time. I am starting to get used to this mode of operation. My subscription of quicken won't be needed soon

I have to agree with this, and before Quicken thinks about censoring these comments, here are the facts:

1. A major feature/component of the Subscription service we pay for is the ability to automate downloads from the financial institutions. Look at the front page of this website, it's littered with notices of connections from various institutions no longer working. This has been going on for at least a couple of months now.
    2. The monthly updates from the CEO are noticeably absent for June. Silence is not golden and leads to speculation by the customers.
    3. The fact the problem exists with multiple financial institutions means the problem is not with them but with Quicken. How could all these connections break around the same time? Can Quicken explain why they didn't see this coming? I find it hard to believe that whatever change occurred was sudden and abrupt.
    4. An official statement/email to all Quicken subscription users sure would be nice... are the lawyers hamstringing the CEO from issuing a statement?
    5. Before another Quicken "superuser" posts the same "this is how you fix it" post... STOP. You don't fully understand the problem, it's not just CitiCards that isn't working reliably, but in fact regular CitiBank accounts for some of us. And no, we can't use DirectConnect because Citibank eliminated that service a couple of years ago (google it).

Again, some official answers would be nice.
  • cemcginley
    cemcginley Unconfirmed, Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hey everyone, I found this closed post related to this problem: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910843/citi-credit-cards-will-not-connect

That solved it for me. Pay attention to the Financial Institution item as that directs Quicken on how to pick the correct "citi".
  • maschiff
    maschiff Member
    Options
    I’ve tried all the workarounds numerous times and still get the CC-502 error.
  • richn13
    richn13 Member
    Options
    This is a joke. In today's world of Information technology (IT). it is inexcusable for this problem to persist for months. It is indicative of no one seriously working on it. In the real world of financial institutions, heads would be rolling. It should have been solved witin 24 hours!!! Only alternative is to switch to other personal finance software!!!
  • RandyP
    RandyP Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This problem just started for me 4 days ago (7/20/22). It has happened in the past and has always resolved itself. This is the longest time I know of that this has not been resolved.

Quicken, here's the deal:  Some of us have Small Business accounts with CitiBank AND USE YOUR SOFTWARE TO MANAGE OUR BUSINESS. Do you see your company having any liability in this? Afterall, the product you MARKET and SELL to consumers, you say can be used to manage small businesses. Just not today, or yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that, or the day before that . . . 

Why would this happen for only one bank? Still having trouble narrowing it down?  And your help page says "Don't contact your banking institution because they can't resolve this." Well, who can if they can't, and you can't? Santa? God? Allah? 

WHAT has been done so far regarding this issue? Don't tell me it hasn't been resolved, I can see that. WHAT EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE THUS FAR IN AN ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE? WE DESERVE AN UPDATE. NOW!
  • DEhrhart
    DEhrhart Member
    Options
    I have had this issue for as long as everyone and it's been very frustrating.

I tried all the fixes stated above... however, it finally dawned on me that I changed my password -- got a password mgr -- and hadn't told "quicken" about.

That took me quite a while to find where I can change the password in Quicken -- okay... I couldn't find it. But, what I did was to "edit" the citi-back account... and under Online Services (tab) On-Line setup... I had "deactivate" the on-line transaction download... and then "re" activate it. It then asked me for the user name and password -- which I copied in my long password.

I then tested it... and it worked.

Not saying this will work for everyone... but, it worked for me.
  • CraigSWisc
    CraigSWisc Member
    Options
    Using Citi Cards as the institution worked first try. after months of waiting for this type of information from an official source, thanks to Chris_QPW for the fix!
  • Dillehunt1
    Dillehunt1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree, I finally had success today. But when I discovered was that the only option showing up was Citibank. When I tried to find Citicard Nothing would show up. It was only when I tried adding the space between Citi and Card that I was able to find it, which is not how that company actually spells its name.

Anyway, long story short, I was able to deactivate the account in Quicken, add the access within Citicard, And then reactivate in Quicken typing CITI space card. I was also then able to reactivate two factor authentication on the CitiCard side and have everything work successfully.

But the documentation and instructions for this process, and improper spelling of Citi Cards, really points to a lack of support for fairly important institutions and users. Hopefully, I can put this entire issue behind me.
This discussion has been closed.