I want to upgrade subscription, but agent caused confusion.

Options
Joseph Fuller
Joseph Fuller Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Before you Buy
I have Deluxe and want to use bill-pay and check pay. It is my understanding that I have to have the Premier version for this, so I enter a chat with an agent and asked about upgrading, the cost, and how it affects my current Deluxe subscription.

The agent first told me that my version supports the Billpay. Then said after questioning them, said yes with a monthly charge. I said I want to upgrade to Premier so to use this feature and save money over a monthly charge.

After asking a few questions about upgrading, the agent told me that if I upgrade now to Premier, I have to pay now, but Premier won't go into effect until the end of my current Deluxe subscription ends in Nov. (6 months! What?). But if I cancel Deluxe now, and resubscribe to Premier, I will not receive ANY credit for my current Deluxe that has 6 months left on it.

Is this really how upgrading subscriptions with Quicken works? I simply can't believe upgrading can be so convoluted, money wasting, and isn't more streamlined and financially fair as to promote upgrading instead of deterring it. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Joseph Fuller,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.