If I archive my data prior to 2022, will I still be able to run year-to-year comparative reports?

Options
I' have more than 10 years of data in my Quicken file. If I create the archive and back up data prior to 2022, will I still be able to run comparative spending or income reports beyond this year?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are asking if you remove all the data before this year in a given data file and then want to report on prior years using that data file, the answer is no, Quicken will not magically produce data that was removed or magically open other data files that might have that data in it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    You may save an archive Quicken file with transactions prior to 2002 and maintain the current Quicken file with all transactions.  The current Quicken file would be able to run comparative spending or income reports beyond this year.  The archive Quicken file would be able to run comparative spending or income reports prior to this year.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FrankJ914 said: I' have more than 10 years of data in my Quicken file.
    why even bother to Archive - the current file may take up a little more disk space, but doesn't really impact performance...
    AND - you always have ALL your data to work with...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are asking if you remove all the data before this year in a given data file and then want to report on prior years using that data file, the answer is no, Quicken will not magically produce data that was removed or magically open other data files that might have that data in it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • milleron
    milleron Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > why even bother to Archive - the current file may take up a little more disk space, but doesn't really impact performance...
    > AND - you always have ALL your data to work with...

People may choose to Archive for archival purposes — i.e., to keep a copy of precious data offsite.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    milleron said:
    > @Ps56k2 said:   People may choose to Archive for archival purposes — i.e., to keep a copy of precious data offsite.
    That's called a File --> COPY not making an Archive -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.