CIBC not allowing Express Web Connect - last 7 days

SST777
SST777 Member
Good morning, I have called into support about this issue. The CIBC has introduced new security features that are preventing Quicken from using the Express Web Connect. has there been any word on when this might be solved?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    SST777 said:
    Good morning, I have called into support about this issue. The CIBC has introduced new security features that are preventing Quicken from using the Express Web Connect. has there been any word on when this might be solved?
    Hello @SST777

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you receiving any error messages when attempting to connect accounts, recently? If so, this may be related to an Open Alert regarding connectivity issues and CIBC that I will link here. You can follow that thread for additional details and any future updates, as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • SST777
    SST777 Member
    Good morning Jared - no error messages generated. Simply an "unknown account" when I try to establish contact with the CIBC. All of my CIBC accounts are unavailable for WebExpress and as of yesterday I am unable to manually download from the website...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SST777,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SST777
    SST777 Member
    Done...
  • Martin Leclerc
    Martin Leclerc Member ✭✭
    Hi, I had the same issue, which sounded like this one https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914507/new-6-7-22-cibc-ca-fdp-176

But all seems to be back to normal since noon today (wednesday June 15th)
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I had the same issue, which sounded like this one https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914507/new-6-7-22-cibc-ca-fdp-176

But all seems to be back to normal since noon today (wednesday June 15th)
    Hello @Martin Leclerc,   

Thanks for checking in with us to let us know that you were being affected by this issue, as well, and for telling us about how the situation is developing. I am sorry for any frustration this caused.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 

• SST777
    SST777 Member
    Thank you Martin - much appreciated. I will have a look now.
This discussion has been closed.