Quicken doesn't ask to sync to cloud on closing, although the line is checked

gdahlin
gdahlin Member ✭✭
Using Quicken Premier desktop R41.10....
I have check the item to "Remind me to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit" in the Mobile & Web tab. However, this does not happen. What to do?
Thanks for your help!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly where do you see/set that option?  I'm not familiar with it, but I backup to a USB drive, not the cloud.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    gdahlin said:
    Using Quicken Premier desktop R41.10....
    I have check the item to "Remind me to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit" in the Mobile & Web tab. However, this does not happen. What to do?
    Thanks for your help!
    Which keystroke or mouse-click function do you use to exit Quicken? The (used to be red) "X" in the upper right hand corner of the Quicken window? Or one of the other available Exit functions?

• gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    The "X" in the UR corner.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    This also happens when using: File > Exit
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Also please verify this:

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP variables point to a valid and existing folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp or  C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ e.g., C:\Temp (or create one) and reboot Windows.

If the Temp folder is located on a too-small SSD C: - drive and you have an internal standard hard disk, too, move the Temp folder to the internal hard disk and change the TEMP and TMP variables
    If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?
    If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.
    If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.

Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by cloud backup software at all.

Run CHKDSK /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).

• gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    1) Quicken CEF Process is allowed.
    2) TEMP & TMP folders were there & properly referenced.
    3) no SSD.
    4) TEMP Folder emptied to the extent possible.
    5) I use DROPBOX but am not sure how to chech to see if it uses the TEMP folder.
    6) Ran chkdsk /r.
    After doing the above & restarting the computer, Quicken still does not ask to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit.
This discussion has been closed.