When will the isues with downloading from Capital One be resolved?

I have been unable to download from Capital One credit card services since October, I keep getting directed to authorize and Capital One confirms but Quicken continue to swirl and then ties out.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have been unable to download from Capital One credit card services since October, I keep getting directed to authorize and Capital One confirms but Quicken continue to swirl and then ties out.
    Hello @brcalasmom

Thank you for seeking additional information about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Unfortunately, Capital One online biller is currently still unavailable. We do not have an ETA on when it will be resolved. If any updates on this become available, they will be added to this Community Alert regarding this topic.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alternative that works 100% of the time is to go to the CapOne website and download a Web connect .QFX data file to import into Quicken.  I have done it ever since I established my CapOne accounts and it works flawlessly.
    If you change to .QFX imports, be careful with the first one to make sure that you don't duplicate any existing transactions, but after that, Quicken will not present any duplicates.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Transaction downloading with One Step Update for my Capital One credit card has been using EWC+ protocol ever since they changed to it a couple of years ago and it has been working flawlessly all the time.
    Let's see what your status is ... Please sign in to your credit card account using the desktop/laptop browser on the same PC that has Quicken installed.
    Select the triangle next to your avatar icon (#1), then select Security in the popup (#2).
    You should get a similar view to the above. I've already linked Quicken in the Linked Apps section (#3). For you it should give instructions on how to link your Quicken to Capital One. Follow these instructions.
    If you have problems with this procedure, call Capital One Support and let them talk you through the process.
    Please don't ask me about linking Capital One as Online Biller in Quicken Bill Manager to your credit card payment transaction reminder. I've just started that process and am in a "next bill not yet available" status. This might take a day or two to resolve.
    As far as paying my monthly credit card statement is concerned, for decades I've always used AutoPay by Capital One. Every month they automatically deduct the full balance due on the due date from my checking account. All I have to do every month is to record a local (not Online) payment reminder when I receive email notice of the next statement due. Haven't had to worry about missing a payment ever since.
This discussion has been closed.