Password change on US Bank Account

Options
I recently changed my password on the US Bank accounts. I have several which I download into quicken. When I began my download it did ask me if I had recently changed my password and I said yes. I next put in my new password. Unfortunately that did nothing and after several tries to update, eventually I was locked out of my US Bank accounts and had to reset my password again. I then followed the instructions to deactivate and reactivate my account. That process was very misleading and it appeared I couldn't link all the accounts to my previous accounts because every account but the one I was activating said do not add to Quicken and I couldn't change that. Eventually I tried to update US Bank again and it appeared that it updated all the accounts. It appears I am back in business, but wanted Quicken to know that the process to get there was not straightforward.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello @nuttika,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your experience, though I apologize for the trouble.

Going forward, the best way to go about a password change is to deactivate all accounts associated with the financial institution first, then reactivate them altogether through Add Account (not through Set Up Now).

You would follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your accounts have been found, you should have the option to link each account to the existing accounts you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.