Crashing When Updating

Options
Any attempt to run an update today causes a crash of Quicken. Appears as if the Quicken authentication server is down? No account will update.
No error messages, just a crash and the error reporter pops up.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @OldSkoolDj,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with Quicken continuously crashing when attempting to run a One Step Update. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• OldSkoolDj
    OldSkoolDj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried the Validate routines and no joy. Downloaded Quicken program file and ran the install. It worked. Q is now able to run the update successfully.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @OldSkoolDj,

Thank you for coming back to update us, though I do apologize that the validate/supervalidate functions did not help to resolve your issue. 

I am glad to hear that you were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Sandy D
    Sandy D Member
    Options
    Are you saying we have to uninstall Q and reinstall it? I tried Validate and Super Validate, and nothing is working.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Sandy D,

Thank you for joining this thread, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this issue. 

Yes, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken application to see if that resolves your issue. Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.