Account balance in account list is different from balance at the bottom of the account page

michael 108
michael 108 Member ✭✭
I have a couple of Vanguard money market accounts. One correctly shows the account value in the account list to the left of the page, another does not. The settings are the same as is the institution. If i delete the account a set it up again the problem is corrected until there is further activity in the account

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @michael108,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• michael 108
    michael 108 Member ✭✭
    tried both steps with no result
  • michael 108
    michael 108 Member ✭✭
    interestingly the account that seems to work shows a securities value and a cash balance (which is $0). By contrast the account that does not work shows only a securities value which is different from the value shown in the accounts list
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

Would it be possible to restore a recent backup that was saved prior to when this issue started, or would that be too far back for you? If the issue didn't start too long ago, please review this support article for instructions on restoring a backup. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• michael 108
    michael 108 Member ✭✭
    There is not a recent backup where the error is not present. I have deleted the account and reconnected - and as before the account summary and account details match. But theat will not last based on historical experience
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.  And I won't worry about small differences like under $10 due to rounding.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• michael 108
    michael 108 Member ✭✭
    i think you are missing what i am saying. The account total (bottom right) is correct - $12k. But the summary in the account list to the left is different - $1k.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's what I'm talking about.  The account bar on the side might be for a different date than the register.  Like ending balance,  current balance or online balance.  Did you check the price history?  You can right click on the security and edit the price history to view the prices.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• michael 108
    michael 108 Member ✭✭
    i look at the historical value of the fund (a money market) and it never equalled the amount shown in the account bar
    Also, when i deleted teh account and re-instated it, the amount in the account bar and teh amount in the account value are the same. That is what happened before. The value increased or decreased as assets were added or removed, but the amount in teh account bar did not change and i cannot see a setting to change the date in the account bar. For everyother account i have, the account bar tallies with teh account value
This discussion has been closed.