Installed latest, sign in required, indicated browser access. I don't want my data on internet

When I upgraded from my 2014 vintage version to the latest I was required to Sign In. I'm not clear on why but there was a comment about being able to access my data from anywhere via browser. I wish to keep my data off the internet. How can I prevent Quicken from sharing my data with the whole world?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @DaleEltoft,

You can use Quicken without using Quicken Cloud.  Just don't enable Mobile & Web. 

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @DaleEltoft,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Just to clarify, the Cloud Sync function allows you to access your Quicken data files on your mobile phone, web browser, or on different devices. This does not share your data with anyone except you. You do have the ability to send your information logs to Quicken when performing troubleshooting functions on issues, however, you are still the only one who has access to your data and your Quicken file. 

You may follow this link for more information regarding the Quicken Cloud. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @DaleEltoft,

You can use Quicken without using Quicken Cloud.  Just don't enable Mobile & Web. 
  • DaleEltoft
    DaleEltoft Member
    Thanks I'll avoid the web-mobile function. As an aside I feel you're belief that the data is not being shared misses the point. I'm sure Quicken never intended others to have access but if you've payed attention to the news you must realize that good intentions do not prevent hackers from getting access.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaleEltoft said:   I wish to keep my data off the internet.
    Are you planning on using Quicken in a totally manual entry mode -
    or do you expect Quicken to download transactions from your financial institutions..... across the Internet -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• DaleEltoft
    DaleEltoft Member
    I've been using Quicken since well before the turn of the century when I did backup on 5.25 floppy disks. So well before there was any download function. Consequently things aren't set up to use the download. I'm now pretty much committed to manual entry.
This discussion has been closed.