Reconciling on the Web

Options
2»

Comments

• DataDaddy
    DataDaddy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I've tried using WebApp a few times but whenever I add a transaction on the web, it corrupts my local file and the numbers don't match up. I really like the idea of a cloud based solution so I can hop from device to device. I even thought about paying for a VM on AWS. I also tried [Removed - 3rd-Party Software], which is similar to Quicken. It looks nice and has those cool features but it falls behind on the core Quicken functionality.
  • Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • lynnprame
    lynnprame Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • ++Bluetree33___
    Options
    Can't seem to get my correct balances from Wells Fargo and my Credit Union since Oct 31, 2022, they won't update. Can't reconcile my accounts.
  • freidaddy
    freidaddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    So far I agree with everyone's comments, but when you close an open sore, that has not been resolved,,, totally unacceptable! The ongoing issue with reconciliation using the EWC+ upgrade is NOT fixed! If you expect people to pay for this software, then get someone on you programming staff who understands what a reconcilement is and how it works. The bank (Chase Bank specifically) carries multiple online balances! All of which are important to understand the daily transactions in the accounts. However, there is ONLY one balance which should be used in the "currently defined" reconciliation process which requires the user to permanently close an item, indicating everything is "PROCESSED" and complete, by the bank, and therefore closed from the account reconciliation process from the personal account owner perspective.

If you want to close this issue as being resolved, then add an option that allows the user to select which balance to use for reconciliation, "pending" or "posted".
  • jvf
    jvf Member
    Options
    I heard that issue has been resolved, but every day at least one of my accounts is unreconciled due to "pending transactions". If this is a Chase issue let us know and I don't know about anyone else but I will contact Chase direct.
  • Just Lurking
    Just Lurking Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi All, 

We want some feedback in regards to reconciliation.

Do you use reconciliation in Quicken on the Web, and if so, what do you think of it? Please share any good or constructive feedback and if you have any suggestions for improvements or changes. 

We look forward to your responses! 

Thank you.

-Quicken Janean

I'm not sure if you're still looking for feedback, but I just want to say that I'm interested in using Quicken on the Web (and Quicken mobile), but I've been scared off by all the stories in the forums of corrupted desktop files and huge efforts to repair the corruption.

This might be out of your direct purview, but I suspect that investing in more robust synchronization between Quicken Desktop and Cloud (AND making it easier to fix/repair/roll back in the event that an issue occurs) would encourage more usage of the web and mobile products. At least, it would for me.
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Opening balance changes are a known problem that apparently is beyond Quicken software developers ability to correct. This is amazing and appalling.   Currently I use the workaround that others have posted: track your opening balance, and correct on a bad reconcile. So far for me other transactions are not messed with.  HOWEVER the new express connect has downloaded duplicate transactions and failed to download other transactions, so this is another major issue.  If there will not be reliable downloads or reconciliation, I won't have much reason to use Quicken at all.
    PTArtist.com
  • TinaL
    TinaL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have always manually reconciled my checking and savings using the old fashioned statement comparison. I have never liked the downloads and how they categorize. I tried to reconcile the checking account on the web and it would not reconcile the mortgage payment or the car payment which are both set up as loans in Quicken. Fortunately, once I got back home and synced the web with my desktop I could pick up where I left off and I was able to finish the reconciliation.
  • investme
    investme Member
    Options
    Constant problems with updating accounts ie: "Quicken Server" issues. They raised the price of Quicken and doesn't work as it should. Been using quicken for a decade and I am extremely disappointed. Changing Starting balances, very slow update, incorrect Fidelity Mut Fund prices, the list goes on and on...
  • cr.stagg
    cr.stagg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problems updating accounts. Have tried both group and individual accounts. Tried resetting a account but did not complete. Had to close Quicken with Task Manager to restart.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I use reconciliation several times a day. One issue I have is that Amex credit card transactions come through as matching, but then when I reconcile, those items are not reflected in the Credit card balance (per the quicken automatic reconciliation) until the next day. So I can't complete the reconciliation because those items show up as a reconciliation difference. This issue just started a few months ago.
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been away from my computer for a few months and when I returned, I found that QUICKEN is almost impossible to use!!!!!! MOST of the time now I cannot figure out how to get into my account! When I do finally hit a right button, my account opens, but all I can do is change some settings BUT I cannot view my accounts! When again I hit the right button(s) I get into my account, cannot remember how I lucked out, but even then, I cannot reconcile my account! QUICKEN used to be a quick and easy to use program but now it seems to be TOO complicated to use!!!
  • ALee643
    ALee643 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I rarely had issues, up until now. A reset of one account changed my opening balance and its been garbaged ever since. Now it never gets an updated online balance (constantly shows 0.00) using One Step Update, however if I manually download the transactions (.qfx file) it shows up temporarily. It goes back to zero when I open Quicken again. Like others have mentioned, I hesitate to use any of the mobile or web because of so many issues that takes an enormous amount of effort to resolve. I'm so glad that I never used the new Mobile app. I had hoped it would work like the earlier Landware Pocket Quicken for Windows Mobile product. It's getting to the point that I want to stop using OSU and go back to manually doing my transactions since the transactions don't seem to show up in Quicken in a timely manner anyway like it used to. A software subscription is worthless if the program you use, can't keep your data integrity correct (especially financial data, and yes I back up my files regularly).
  • TomTom
    TomTom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can you help us with having a summary report for all our accounts that shows the online balance vs register balance? This is the first step and most important step to us having confidence in the numbers in our reports. We HAVE to be sure that our accounts are reconciled between online and register. There is currently no comparison report like this. This could be solved quickly by making the "Online balance" field available in the "Account List" report. Then we can export and do the math. What would be even better is to have this as a standard report in the "Comparison Report" category. Compare Online balance to the register balance. Can you help us with getting this solved? It is a much needed report. Here is an original post.https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888285/online-vs-ending-balance-report
This discussion has been closed.