5 year old accounts don't reconcile

Options
maryd5566
maryd5566 Member
Hi all, I have been using Quicken for a long time. Lazy on my part, but I have let the accounts sit without reconciliation - I have missing and duplicate transactions (downloads are hit and miss for me). When I do open the reconcile window, the amounts are off. It offers me to do a balance adjustment which will reconcile it for the moment. The same thing happens repeatedly. I get frustrated and give up. The accounts are so messed up - I am considering starting new accounts as of 1/1/2022 and starting fresh. I am going to keep them pristine once I get them straightened out! I guess I could go back 5 years and reconcile from scratch. Ick! Looking for opinions.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Maryd5566 - your thought of starting fresh as of 1/1/2022 is a good one.  
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @maryd5566,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you decide to fix the current file by re-reconciling it, then I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly by phone for assistance during phone support's hours of operation. Our phone support agents have the ability to do a live screen share and would be able to assist as a 2nd set of eyes for you to help you throughout that process.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.