why have my vanguard accounts stopped downloading transactions

MJN815
MJN815 Member ✭✭
my vanguard accounts have stopped downloading transactions. my positions are all misidentified

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @MJN815,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with transactions not downloading. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Vanguard account(s) to see if it produces the same error with positions and transactions not downloading. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MJN815
    MJN815 Member ✭✭
    OK I did that. I got transactions back to 12/2020 and my bond positions back. Most account balances matched except one. Maybe a pricing difference. Do I have to start over? I've got tags on a lot of transactions and one thing that was valuable to me was history. I've used Quicken since 2010.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @MJN815,

Thank you for responding and attempting the test file. 

I would begin with deactivating/reactivating all of your vanguard accounts (this includes any hidden or closed). Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to deactivate/reactivate:

Deactivate an account

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. Go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    7. Click Continue.
    Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.