Why is budget amount changed on budget report?

Options
martianewell
martianewell Member ✭✭
Category is budgeted at $250. Actual is $249.80. Budget report shows actual and budget as $249.80. Never happened before. Is there a setting I don't know about?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the Budgets view in the Planning tab showing a round number, $250 without cents?
    If so, try enabling "Show cents" in Budget Actions / View options.
  • martianewell
    martianewell Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. I did what you suggested but that didn't fix it. The problem is the opposite. I set the budget to be $250 even. The report appeared to change the budget amount to match the actual amount which I would never want. It does not appear to do that on other categories. I can't understand why it would pick this one category except that I recently adjusted the budget value. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    The only time where a report generated by Quicken for Windows will show numbers different from Quicken views is when a currency conversion is involved. The budget view assumes US$, the report assumes or defaults to some other currency with an exchange rate very close to but not exactly 1:1

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words … it helps if we can see what you're seeing ...
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• martianewell
    martianewell Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken for Windows, Premier V R41.19 Bid 27.1.41.19
    The budget problem 1 file shows the budget report - look at the entry for marketing. It shows the amounts as equal when the budget was entered as $250 (I double-checked and re-typed it as 250.00). It's liked they changed the budget amount to match the actual.

The budget problem 2 file shows the planning tab for budgets with the $250 budgeted in May.

Thanks so much for your help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the images.
    The budget view shown in the 2nd image does not show cents. It is rounded to the nearest dollar for display purposes. If you were to click on a budget amount field you would see the amount as recorded, including cents.
    As I stated in my first response, try enabling "Show cents" in Budget Actions / View options.
This discussion has been closed.