Recent extreme slowness and "unknown error" checking for updates

Options
I am having very slow response issues. Running R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10 on Windows 10.

Specifically, opening Quicken is extremely slow (over 20 secs) and switching between files is extremely slow. Seeing a blank white window with a magenta hourglass just sitting there is not fun.

My files are relatively small. Main file is 45mb and other files is 3mb. I have run validate and supervalidate. Problem persists on the copied/validated file.

Additionally, I tried to run check for updates and all it does is eventually give me an "Unknown Error" message.

Is this something other people are seeing? Is my best option to uninstall and reinstall?

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi @justanotheruser2021

I am sorry for the slowness you are experiencing and that you are receiving that "Unknown Error". Thanks for reaching out to Community so we can look into this. 

I suggest checking out the scenarios at the bottom of this support article to see if this resolves the issue with the slowness and removes the error message. Let me know if this does not work so I can further assist you. Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• justanotheruser2021
    Options
    I looked at the scenarios. So far I looked at the one about opening slowness. I did go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web. I did not see the alert notification settings because I had Sync: OFF. I had to enable Sync to see that. So I enabled Sync, then unchecked the boxes for the notifications and then re-disabled Sync. There was no difference in opening. Check for Updates "Unknown Error" did not change either.

The scenario for slowness when backing up or closing hasn't applied to me and also, I removed all attachments a couple years ago due to slowness. So I don't have attachments now.
  • justanotheruser2021
    Options
    Also, the scenario about closed positions...I clicked on Archive and there are only 2 of 799 that would be archived. So I did not proceed.
This discussion has been closed.