Transactions on last day of month don't appear in reconcile

Options
The Keeper
The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
This has been occurring for years and I have just worked around it. When I perform a reconciliation, transactions on the last two days of a month, or the last day of a month never appear. I will perform a search and the transaction appears in the register with the correct date. For example, when reconciling my June bank statement, two transactions on June 29th do not appear in the reconcile window. One transaction was for $12.87 and the second was for $86.59. In the register, I change the date of each transaction to June 25th, return to reconcile and they both appear and can be reconciled. After completing the reconciliation and printing a report, I return to the register and change the dates back to June 29th.

My bank statement closes on the last day of each month and the date in the reconciliation window shows the last day of each month.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How soon after the last day of the month are you doing the reconcile?
    What happens if you change the statement ending date by +2 days?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you looked Downloaded posting date for the transactions that aren't included in the reconcile?
    You can turn that column on by selecting this:

Quicken reconciles to this date for downloaded transactions, not the date you edit.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Splasher............I download my bank statement and reconcile my bank statement for the previous month on the 2nd or 3rd of each month. When I balance my July statement I will change the statement ending date by two days and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I deal with this issue every month. I have a Cohen & Steers fund (CPXAX) which dividends on the last day of every month but does not appear when I reconcile against the end-of-month paper statement. Rather than fooling with dates, I just un-check the dividend from the reconcile and proceed. Once reconciled, I mark the dividend "C"leared and handle it the following month.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got to love it when a financial institution doesn't even record a transaction/balance properly in their statements.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocket J Squirrel......Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. Easier than toggling back and forth changing dates
This discussion has been closed.