Quicken Mac 6.8.1, MacBook Pro 2019, macOS 12.4. Program won't open.

milestgeau
milestgeau Member ✭✭
The program works on my iMac, but not on the MacBook Pro. When starting, I get the beachball and then "program not responding."

This suggestion allowed me to open it again:
DELETE ~/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Downloads
~/Library/Caches/com.quicken.Quicken
~/Library/Preferences/com.quicken.Quicken.plist
It would then open as a new program. Restored a backup. All was fine.

However, once I closed the program it again wouldn't open. SHIFT+starting program also doesn't work.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @milestgeau,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Quicken program not opening properly. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps!

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• milestgeau
    milestgeau Member ✭✭
    Yes I’ve tried everything suggestion on your site, including uninstalling/reinstalling. Surely I’m not the only one with this issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @milestgeau,

Thank you for attempting to uninstall and reinstall the Quicken program though I do apologize that did not assist us in reaching a resolution. 

At this point, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance as this issue may require Tier 2 escalation. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday. Please keep in mind that Quicken Support is currently experiencing an extended weekend, therefore they will not be open on Monday, July 4th. 

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.