How do I disable a vestigial cloud attachment function from a deactivated web-express CC acct?

Options
dzf22k
dzf22k Member ✭✭
Quicken Premier subscription for Windows R40.21 running local laptop on Windows 10Pro Ver.21H2. No sync (off) to web/mobile, cloud.

The Credit Card account had formerly been an express-web connect method that I have since deativated (opting for download & import of QFX data) yet the cloud icon remains when attempting to add new transaction attachments versus the ... icon for all other locally stored transaction attachments on my other accounts. It still saves to the cloud and locally so that I have to delete the cloud item. If possible, to revert to just a locally stored attachment option would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by "the cloud icon".  Would you be able to take a snapshot of that and post it here?  A picture can be worth a thousand words.  To post it here:  Save the picture file to your hard drive and then click on the "Attach file" icon or click and drag it into your response.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the cloud icon:

Without it:

I don't know any way to "turn off" the cloud syncing without creating a new account, move transactions, and readd the attachments.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dzf22k
    dzf22k Member ✭✭
    Options
    To Chris_QPW; Thanks. You captured the exact images that I see regarding attachments. I will certainly take the account re-creation into consideration. With some of the bugs that I've encountered with recent Quicken Premier software upgrades, I have had to recreate Budgets that disappeared.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dzf22k said:
    To Chris_QPW; Thanks. You captured the exact images that I see regarding attachments. I will certainly take the account re-creation into consideration. With some of the bugs that I've encountered with recent Quicken Premier software upgrades, I have had to recreate Budgets that disappeared.
    When Quicken now updates the software it will create a backup of the data file before doing it.  You should not need to recreate Budgets.  After the version update is complete check your Budget and if it is missing or corrupted you can just restore the backup file and it will most likely then be present, again.  The backup file in question will have the version being updated from added to the backup file name as shown in this example.
    It will be saved in the same location that is set as the Preference for Automatic Backups.  If you don't know where that is, you can quickly search for if via File > Find Quicken Files.  It will automatically search for all Quicken data files (both main files and backup files) on your hard drive.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.