After conversion from PC, quicken (mac) says this account has never been reconciled.

Options
LTRR
LTRR Member
I have a new macbook and just converted my file from quicken subscription for windows. seems all is in order with correct balances, but when I go to reconcile the most recent statement it says: this account has never been reconciled. I did them regularly in windows. The listed transactions only go back to mid June of this year. Probably simple, but could really use some help.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I wouldn't fret; the reconciliation status of transactions is retained in the conversion. So, your prior efforts will be carried over. That is why you only see recent transactions in the reconcile window.

What that warning about "never been reconciled" is that the saved reconciliations (as in ability to go back to, say Sep 1996 and re-reconcile that statement) are NOT converted over.

Reconcile on your MacBook as usual, and you should be good to go. Going forward, the prior reconcile periods will be retained. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This behavior would be exactly what I would expect.  I certainly wouldn't expect the "reconcile status" from Quicken Windows to be transferred over during the conversion.

The "reconcile status" isn't the R in the Clr column of each reconciled transaction (that should be fine).  In Quicken Windows it would be the date of the last time one did the reconcile, which is shown in the Account Overview.

Not only do I don't believe there is even any syntax in the QXF file used for the conversion, I don't believe that the two programs have the same information and therefore Quicken Mac wouldn't get what it needs to consider the Quicken Windows status "valid".

Other than the last reconcile date, Quicken Windows has no history of the reconciles.  On the other hand, Quicken Mac has recently got a reconcile history that records each reconcile as they are being done.  So, it would be impossible to transfer the "reconcile history/status" from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @LTRR If you haven't already, make sure the "Clr" column is visible in each of your registers. (If it's not there, click on the Columns icon in the bottom toolbar and check "Clr".) This is where you'll see checkmarks in green circles for all your previously reconciled transactions (the equivalent of "R" in Quicken Windows). Checkmarks in blue indicate transactions which have cleared your bank but not yet been reconciled. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LTRR
    LTRR Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your input. Mac OS is new to me, and Quicken is much different than Windows version.
This discussion has been closed.