problems with Kinecta Federal Credit Union

Options
mdeck
mdeck Member ✭✭
My old credit union merged with Kinecta in November 2021. From then until mid-May 2022, I had no issues syncing my accounts with Quicken.

Since mid-May, however, my Quicken has been unable to sync with Kinecta (all of my other accounts are syncing just fine). I have tried all permutations of the following (in multiple bouts over several weeks) -- nothing works to get me connected:
-- quick connect vs direct connect
-- username vs member id number vs SSN
-- original password (with special characters) vs letters-and-numbers-only password
-- original file vs new file

Depending on the combo, I get either no response (off into a black hole), or more usually CC-502 "connection problem" (attempting quick connect) or OL-297-A "unable to establish an internet connection" (with direct connect).

I have spoken and written to Kinecta -- they say it's a Quicken issue. I'm fairly certain (having gone through this before) that the problem is on the bank/Kinecta end.

What log files or other information can I give Kinecta to make them understand that the issue is on the Kinecta end? Is there some way to escalate through Quicken -- for example, is there someone at Quicken who is the "rep" for Kinecta (and how do I get in touch with that person, or ask them to get in touch with me)?

Any other hints or tricks to try?

(Note that downloading QIF files is not a viable option because it only contains 2-digit years, which Quicken interprets as 1922 -- not very helpful. :( )

@kbrawner64 and @AZCoder1959, I'm tagging you because it looks like you have also had issues, hoping you can point me in the right direction.....

-- mmd

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello again, 

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. 

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• mnml0
    mnml0 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried a Reset Account from Account Details >> Online? I had a glitch with Kinecta for a couple of days last winter, but the reset fixed things - so far.

QW27.1.50.16 Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2965

• kbrawner64
    kbrawner64 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to solve my connection problems with my Kinecta accounts in May by switching to Express Web Connect from Direct Connect. That said about 2 days ago Quicken again can't connect to either of my Kinecta accounts. I have tried both connection methods and neither work. Very frustrating.
  • John Dif
    John Dif Member
    Options
    Experiencing the same problem. Hoping someone has the fix.
  • wsantore
    wsantore Member
    Options
    Having the same issue(s). Something clearly changed at Kinecta or Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello again, 

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. 

-Quicken Anja

• mdeck
    mdeck Member ✭✭
    Options
    I won't bother to tag individual people, but I was not able reset my account because I didn't have a current connection (I had deleted it when it didn't work). And as I indicated, I tried multiple combinations with both express web connect and direct connect (nothing worked).

I tried again today, and I am FINALLY able to connect, and it looks like my transactions have downloaded. FYI, I used the same credentials (username and password) that I use to log onto the web site; and I specified direct connect.

I don't have time right now, or I would try to use express web connect. I will try that again at some point, and I'll try to remember to post my results here.

Good luck out there!!!

-- mmd
This discussion has been closed.