Not able to RE-activate an account for Bill Pay

Options
I have used Bill Pay with an account activated in the past but it has stopped working. I am now trying to reactivate it but get the following error on my Checking account. The account is currently connected for download via Direct Connect which functions properly. I currently have no accounts activated for Bill Pay. Please help fix this issue. Thanks.

Error Message: "Routing and account information may not be modified because there are payments processing."

Windows Premier Version: R42.8, Build: 27.1.42.8

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @LC49,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

For clarification; are you trying to set up Quicken Bill Manager's service to use Quick Pay and Check Pay payments, or are you trying to set up Direct Connect Bill Pay in Quicken (also known as Bank Bill Pay)? And if you're referring to Direct Connect Bill Pay, could you please provide the name of the financial institution?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps the attached three screenshots will best illustrate.
  • LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The financial institution is Bar Harbor Bank & Trust
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for confirming that this is in regard to Quicken Bill Manager.

I took the liberty of reviewing your Bill Manager account here internally and am showing that the account in question is still connected internally. If I remove it here internally, you may be able to reconnect it on your end for Quick Pay. However, if you intend to also enable Check Pay, it will require you to also go through the Check Pay verification process and wait for the small deposits. If you'd like to try this route, I can go ahead and remove it.

Alternatively, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly by phone for assistance and our support agents can reach out for Tier 2 assistance to see if there may be an alternate solution without having to disconnect internally.

Let me know how you wish to proceed! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Linds
    Linds Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding and investigating. If you would, please disconnect the bank on your end. I will try reconnecting later today.

I am not intending at this time to use check pay, so I can redo that later. Not a problem.

Thank you again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for your confirmation.

Unfortunately, when I attempted to remove the account internally per your request, I also received an error. So I apologize for the inconvenience, but due to this, you will need to call Quicken Support directly for assistance. Our support agents will need to escalate this issue in order to have this removed internally.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Follow up - Support told me that there is a "General Alert" on this issue, that it has already been escalated, and they are finding similar reports going back at least two weeks. I believe that I first experienced it about a month ago.
    So, we're in good company. Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    there appear to be TWO folks responding to this discussion....
    just wanted to make you each aware of that - in case you were getting mixed info -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 - Not to worry. Same user, two different devices, one with an older log-in ID.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LC49 said: Ps56k2 - Not to worry. Same user, two different devices, one with an older log-in ID.
    Would suggest trying to post to forum with just one ID - to make it easier for those folks reading & replying

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.