Quicken install fails - /bagent.exe/ is being used by another process

Options
Ronnie_Mo
Ronnie_Mo Member ✭✭
Release R41.19 is available for download but I'm getting an error message "cannot install because its being used by another process". My subscription is up to date

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you temporarily disable your anti virus or anti malware program when you attempt to update Quicken.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Ronnie_Mo,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error when trying to update your Quicken application.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ronnie_Mo
    Ronnie_Mo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is the error message
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you temporarily disable your anti virus or anti malware program when you attempt to update Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Ronnie_Mo,

Thank you for sharing a screenshot of the error message that you are receiving. 

First, I suggest attempting to install the update using the Mondo Patch. You can follow this link to access the Mondo Patch download. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ronnie_Mo
    Ronnie_Mo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why would I have to install 3rd party software to for updates to your software that I pd for?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The key point is the /BAGENT.EXE/ which sometimes conflicts with aggressive A/V software -
    and the Mondo Patch is merely the Quicken Support software website -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ronnie_Mo
    Ronnie_Mo Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock thank you very much!!!!! That worked!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Ronnie_Mo,

The Mondo Patch is not a third-party software, it is the same update that you are trying to currently install, however, due to the issues that you are experiencing with the in-product auto-install option, the Mondo Patch will allow you to install it manually. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• MzAnne
    MzAnne Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Every time my system checks for an update and I accept the install. I receive an error message. This happens if I am just logging in, already in the system, it does not matter. I cannot process an in-system update unless I manually download the file and process it manually. I am using Quicken Deluxe

The image of the error has been included with this question.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adding to @Sherlock comment, if disabling your malware/virus software resolves your issue, you should white list both Quicken and bagent to prevent further errors. 
This discussion has been closed.