Janney Montgomery Scott problem with downloads

Options
Bob Lerman
Bob Lerman Member ✭✭
Since Janney’s June 1st Quicken conversion, I have been having a problem downloading transactions.

When a fund issues an income distribution, Quicken shows it as reinvesting the distribution in the fund AND increasing the account’s cash balance.

The cash balance of the account should not be changed since the income was reinvested, increasing the number of shares for that fund.

Prior to Janney’s conversion, I did not have that problem.

I am using Quicken for Windows Premier Version R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8 using Windows 11 Home.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @bob lerman verify that the transaction is not being downloaded as a cash dividend instead of a reinvested dividend.  I have had that happen and I needed to manually change the transaction to a reinvested dividend.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob Lerman,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Janney Montgomery Scott account(s).

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Janney Montgomery Scott account(s) to see if it produces the same issue. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Walter@@
    Walter@@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Bob, I have the same problem. Janney is aware of it and working for a fix according to their IT department.
  • Bob Lerman
    Bob Lerman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your responses.
    @Damian , the register shows the transactions twice, once as a reinvested dividend, and once as a cash dividend.

@Quicken Jasmine, I did as you suggested, and in the Test file, the most recent transactions are appearing twice, as they do in my real file.

So I am assuming that as @Walter@@" has indicated, the problem lies with Janney, and hopefully, they will fix it soon!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob Lerman,

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

As @Walter@@" stated, this error is occurring due to the financial institution's servers. I do apologize for any inconvenience and truly hope they are able to fix this matter swiftly. 

Have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.