Quicken Online Services for South Carolina's College Savings 529 Plan

Options
BirdDog71
BirdDog71 Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Previously, I can't remember if it was earlier in 2022 or late 2021, I was able to create and configure a 529 account for download from the financial institution. From the account register view > Holdings > Account Attributes, Transaction Download shows as Activated. Clicking the gear icon > update transactions does nothing.

However in the Account Details > Online Services tab, financial institution does show and the "Set up Now..." button is displayed.

Is South Carolina's College Savings 529 Plan available as an online service for Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @BirdDog71,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. Which instance of the financial institution are you using for your 529 plan ("South Carolina Federal CU", "South Carolina Community Bank", etc)? What occurs when your press the "Set up Now..." button? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BirdDog71
    BirdDog71 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Quicken Premier | Version R41.19 | Build 27.1.41.19 | Windows 10

From the account > Holdings > Account Overview > Account Attributes > Financial Institution = "South Carolina's 529 College Sav" This is the account I selected when setting up the online services initially.

When clicking the "Set up Now..." button, the "Search for your financial institution" dialog is displayed. Searching for "529" or "South Carolina", "South Carolina's 529 College Sav" does not show in the list as an option.

This makes me think something is broken with the integration between Quicken and the institution, or one or the other is no longer supporting the integration with the other entity. I've also opened a case with South Carolina Future Scholar 529 but they have not responded yet.

Thanks.
  • BirdDog71
    BirdDog71 Member
    Options
    Columbia Management, the distributor and underwriter for the SC 529 plan, provided the response below:

"Unfortunately, the Future Scholar 529 College Savings Plan is not currently available through Quicken. We hope to offer this option in the future. "
This discussion has been closed.