Santander Bank transaction downloads

Options
krmartin
krmartin Member ✭✭✭
Santander Bank transaction downloads are not occurring during One-step update.  This has been the case all year.  I report the problem every day this happens and the only acknowledgement I ever get is "we are working on it" with no completion date.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @krmartin,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you have been experiencing this issue for some time and I do understand that it can be frustrating.

Could you please provide me with the ticket number that you were given when contacting Quicken Support so that I may look further into this issue?

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Support has never given me a ticket number or anything else…ever. I submit an error report to Quicken nearly every day that my One-Step update is performed and no transactions are downloaded from Santander and no errors are noted in the One-Step update status. This has been occurring all of this year. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @krmartin

Thank you for providing more information. 

Have you been receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to perform a One Step Update or an individual account update? 

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No error codes.  The one-step update summary says:
    Santender Bank
    1 account updated, 0 new transactions

I get the same when I do an individual account "update now".

When I log into Santander Bank and ask for a Quicken download, it downloads the transaction and updates Quicken.
    This is the way it has worked since January.  I get my updates every day and when I know there are new transactions in my bank, I send an error report with associated files to Quicken.  Quicken always acknowledges the report but that's all.  Nothing ever happens.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @krmartin

Thank you for responding and providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Santander Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same issue. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Backed up my Quicken file
    Created new Test File without mobile.
    Added Santander Bank account.
    The account added correctly and showed the correct online balance.  It looks good.  It may take a few days to see if it downloads new transactions but it seems like it may work.  My Santander account in my main Quicken file does not show the correct online balance and never updates although it never reports errors.
    Ready for next steps.  Thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @krmartin

Thank you for updating me and for attempting the test file. 

Next, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Followed instructions and all went well.  Lots of duplicates in Santander download which I am trying to weed out but slow going.  The online balance showing in my register is now correct.  Looks like it may now work.  Hopefully I'll see new transactions showing up soon.  I'll need to continue looking for the dups.  Found the obvious but balance is still way off.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @krmartin

Thank you for coming back to update me. I am happy to hear that we were able to correct your balance and that your transactions have been downloaded. 

However, I would like more clarification on where you are seeing the balance that is incorrect?

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The ending balance in my Santander register was way off.  There were many duplicate transaction after linking the new account download to the deactivated account in Quicken.  I was able to remove many of the obvious duplicates but couldn't find them all.  Also since I was unable to get Santander transaction all this year there was obviously many deposits/transfers not in the register.  I did a reconcile and let Quicken add an adjustment deposit. My ending balance now agrees with my checkbook.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @krmartin

Thank you for coming back to update me. 

I am glad to hear that you were able to reconcile and delete the duplicates and that you now have downloaded transactions and a correct balance. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.