Unable To Delete Online Billers - USAA

Options
carlj07
carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
After completing a one-step update 2-3 weeks ago, I noted in my Quicken Bills & Income tab that both of my USAA Online Biller accounts "Needs Attention" (see attached screenshot).  After 2-3 subsequent days of clicking "Try Again" with no success in clearing the 2 "Needs Attention" reminders, I decided to unlink the USAA online billers from their respective Bill & Income Reminders and delete USAA as an online biller.  (I am aware of ongoing issues with USAA and Quicken - not sure if this is the cause of my issue).  I want to get rid of the "Needs Attention" reminders for USAA.  That has become impossible to do.  

Before trying to remove USAA as an online biller, I deactivated and reactivated my USAA account within Quicken, hoping this may fix the issue.  I can successfully download transactions into Quicken from my USAA credit card account.  However, I cannot successfully link my USAA Online Biller to my Bills & Income Reminder for my USAA credit card as I have done in the past.  The 2 "Needs Attention" reminders are still present so I then decided to remove USAA as an online biller.  

From the Bills & Income tab, I click on the gear (settings) and go to Manage Online Billers.  I select either of the 2 USAA billers, select the drop-down arrow to the right of the biller I want to delete (USAA), and select Remove.  An "Are You Sure . . ." window appears and I select Remove.  Another window appears informing me that "Quicken is unable to remove this bill for USAA.  You cannot remove a biller with pending payments.  If you have a pending payment for this biller please wait until the payment has been processed or cancel the payment before removing this biller." 

THERE ARE NO PENDING PAYMENTS FOR EITHER USAA ONLINE BILLERS.  The payments for both USAA accounts were last processed back in June, so they are no longer pending and have long been cleared.  

What else can I try to remove USAA as an online biller, which I hope will also remove the 2 "Needs Attention" for USAA in my Bills & Income tab?  

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Posted this in the Chase and 41.19 thread. Might wpork for you as well as I had the same problem EXACTLY there:

OK, here is the trick to deleting the Chase Online Billers when actually clicking delete under Manage Billers does nothing.

Go to the biller, click learn more, then click track manually.
    It will delete the Online Biller, BUT if you had a reminder, it will create another for the same account. So you then need to delete one of the reminders.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Bob.  Could you be more detailed on the steps to accomplish this deletion, specifically on how to get to the "Learn More" for the biller?  I'm not seeing "Learn More" anywhere and I am anxious to try your suggestion.  Thanks!  
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does a Quicken Community moderator have any suggestions about how to solve this issue?  
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @carlj07,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first, then see if it will allow you to remove the online billers you wish to delete. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, please navigate back to the gear icon and click Manage Online billers and attempt to remove the Online billers you wish to delete.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Quicken Anja, for the suggestion.  I had already tried that (multiple times over the past 3 weeks), and to be sure, I just tried those steps again.  Every time it gives the message "Validation complete.  Local bills are in sync with the server".  The issue still exists as I described in my initial post and I'm still unable to delete USAA as an online biller and remove the "Needs Attention" reminders for USAA in my Bills & Income tab.  I'm open to any further troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.  BTW, I do have the latest version, R42.8.  Thanks!  
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    carlj07 said:
    Thank you, Quicken Anja, for the suggestion.  I had already tried that (multiple times over the past 3 weeks), and to be sure, I just tried those steps again.  Every time it gives the message "Validation complete.  Local bills are in sync with the server".  The issue still exists as I described in my initial post and I'm still unable to delete USAA as an online biller and remove the "Needs Attention" reminders for USAA in my Bills & Income tab.  I'm open to any further troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.  BTW, I do have the latest version, R42.8.  Thanks!  
    Hello @carlj07

I do apologize about this issue continuing even after following the earlier recommendations provided. Thanks for being so patient and working with us on this issue. 

I have investigated the biller further and found that is currently listed as having a degraded status. Some customers may be able to make payments but linking the Biller may be difficult currently, as a consequence of this. I have reported the problem to our service provider. I cannot provide an ETA on a resolution but the matter is being looked into further.

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Quicken Jared.  I'll keep checking back here periodically for any additional info and possible solution for the issue.  It's been my experience that once Quicken took over the online bill payments, USAA has never played well with Quicken.  I've never had an issue with my other online billers and Quicken, so I figured it was something unique to USAA rather than Quicken.  My desire now is to rid the 2 "Needs Attention" reminders for my USAA accounts and not register USAA as an online biller.  However, that has proved to be impossible since both USAA accounts "think" there are pending payments for each when there are actually none, which is preventing me from removing USAA as an online biller.  Please keep me updated.  Thank you.  
  • carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Today, while updating a few accounts in Quicken, I decided to try once again (for the umpteenth time over the past month) to delete USAA as an Online Biller (reference my original post).  The last attempt was this past Saturday, which yielded the same result as all previous attempts as I originally posted. 

However, today I was able to successfully delete USAA as an Online Biller, which also deleted the "Needs Attention" reminders I was also getting for USAA in the Bills & Income tab.  Not sure what changed behind the scenes, but this attempt to delete USAA as on Online Biller was successful. 

The last update on July 30 from the Quicken moderators regarding the ongoing USAA issues stated the problem(s) were still unresolved.  I will wait for the "all clear" before attempting to once again add USAA as an Online Biller.  So, for now, my issue seems to be resolved.  
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @carlj07 Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue appears to be resolved now.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.