I have two Discover credit card accounts with the same log in.

Options
Since adding the second account, Quicken is not able to connect to my first account to update transactions. Is there a way to connect two accounts with the same log in? Or am I now destined to manually update these two credit cards in Quicken?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You should be able to connect both accounts with the same login.  I suggest you do the following:
    1. Back up your data file.
    2. Make note of the Opening Balance dollar amounts.
    3. Deactivate both accounts (from Account Details, Online Services tab). 
    4. Do Setup Now (from the Online Services screen of one account) or via Add Account. 
    5. When the connection is made you should be prompted by Quicken to make a decision regarding what to do with the downloaded data...be sure to Link them to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken.
    6. This process might enter duplicate transactions into your account registers.  If this happens you will need to manually delete the duplicates.
    7. Check the accounts balances.  If they are out of balance, check the Opening Balance transactions and correct them if needed (see #2 above).
    Both accounts should now be connected for downloading at the same time as each other.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You really want to use a Direct Connect download connection for the Discover Cards if that is not what you have currently established.  You can see what is setup on the Account List (Tools menu).
    See this thread for how to get Direct connect with Discover Card:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20280398/#Comment_20280398

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You should be able to connect both accounts with the same login.  I suggest you do the following:
    1. Back up your data file.
    2. Make note of the Opening Balance dollar amounts.
    3. Deactivate both accounts (from Account Details, Online Services tab). 
    4. Do Setup Now (from the Online Services screen of one account) or via Add Account. 
    5. When the connection is made you should be prompted by Quicken to make a decision regarding what to do with the downloaded data...be sure to Link them to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken.
    6. This process might enter duplicate transactions into your account registers.  If this happens you will need to manually delete the duplicates.
    7. Check the accounts balances.  If they are out of balance, check the Opening Balance transactions and correct them if needed (see #2 above).
    Both accounts should now be connected for downloading at the same time as each other.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• HannyDan
    HannyDan Member
    Options
    Sorry, I tried it for the fourth time and it got connected. Thanks Quicken.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You really want to use a Direct Connect download connection for the Discover Cards if that is not what you have currently established.  You can see what is setup on the Account List (Tools menu).
    See this thread for how to get Direct connect with Discover Card:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20280398/#Comment_20280398

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.