Venmo not working

Options
cmumathwhiz
cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
Downloading transactions from Venmo was working fine up until about a week ago and then it had errors. I forget what the original error was. I tried to Fix the error and reset my account, but none would work. Today I tried to deactivate the online services and reactivate them. When I do, I get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)."

Is there an issue with Venmo in general, or just something with my account?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cmumathwhiz,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Venmo account(s). 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some information regarding the "It's not your fault" error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. 

As Per the FAQ:

If this occurs when trying to add an account

Wait 24 hours and try to add the account again. If you are still getting the error after waiting 24 hours, please Contact Support

Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cmumathwhiz
    cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh- I thought this community was support, based on the link you gave, but you must mean contact support via phone or chat instead.
  • as_hiker
    as_hiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was facing the same problem (version H&B R42.8). After trying the option inside Quicken to reset, I deactivated the online services for my Quicken Venmo account, closed Quicken, deleted temp files, restarted Quicken, readded online access to Venmo account. I did not get an error at that point.
    When I next did a One Step update, I saw the error again, when through the process in Quicken to reset the account, which appeared to clear the error. Not sure if the problem is completely fixed, but appears to be working at the moment.
  • geoffj
    geoffj Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also can no longer connect to Venmo. Even after deactivating - when I try to reactivate it gives error.
  • cmumathwhiz
    cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    After a long time on chat - I got this message "So we found out that there is actually an ongoing issue with Venmo we are already working on but we do not have an ETA as of right now."

Thus - why I posted here first to see if there was an known issue - but nope, couldn't be told that here, just told to contact support. Hopefully a post will now get posted in the known issues forum.
  • as_hiker
    as_hiker Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @as_hiker said:
    > I was facing the same problem (version H&B R42.8). After trying the option inside Quicken to reset, I deactivated the online services for my Quicken Venmo account, closed Quicken, deleted temp files, restarted Quicken, readded online access to Venmo account. I did not get an error at that point.
    > When I next did a One Step update, I saw the error again, when through the process in Quicken to reset the account, which appeared to clear the error. Not sure if the problem is completely fixed, but appears to be working at the moment.

Update to my pose on 7/13: the steps I took did not hold, and the error reappeared yesterday. Thanks, cmumathwhiz for letting us know that this is a known bug.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our use of Venmo is increasing and this is frustrating of course.
    This issue is typically on Venmo's side based on my observations.  More often than not when I try to login to Venmo from a computer browser (something we typically never do, right?), it will not recognize my password.  When I encounter this, I wait until the next day and it works.  Then it happens again.  I contacted Venmo and they told me that it is a known sporadic issue for them given that website access is an infrequent user access as their focus is on mobile.
    On the Quicken side, I am able to download Venmo transactions successfully 60% of times.  When it fails, I wait until late night and it works.  I also talked to Venmo about this separately: Out of 5 calls, two of them had never heard of Quicken, one said they dropped Quicken support, one acknowledged the issue as theirs, and last one said it was Quicken's issue!  Draw your own conclusions.
    My approach is to take Venmo out of the One Step Update group process (uncheck it in the OSU settings) and instead update it separately and less frequently.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.