USAA - OL-301-A Error [Edited]

Options
dalehawaii
dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
Heads up, it appears USAA accounts are throwing the OL-301-A error this morning after multiple tries. Anyone seeing this?

I'll wait until later today to do a download again. 

Quicken user since 1996
Quicken Home & Business Subscription

Comments

• jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I too received an OL-301-A error for both of my credit card accounts and my checking account. Worked fine yesterday.
  • jfbell
    jfbell Member
    Options
    Me, too. I tried a "rebranding fix" recommended elsewhere on this site and it did not work.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these online connectivity error messages. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, have you made use of the following steps after saving a backup (Reminder: you can do this by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen)?

1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    You can read more about these directions here.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • brettatk
    brettatk Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these online connectivity error messages. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.
    >
    > First, have you made use of the following steps after saving a backup (Reminder: you can do this by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen)?* In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    > * Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    > * Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    > * Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    > * Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    > * Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    > * Attempt your online session again.
    >
    > You can read more about these directions here.
    >
    > I look forward to hearing about your results.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Did nothing. Please provide us with something that fixes the issue. Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @jcpistone @jfbell @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jared for the responses. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to my machine as I’m headed into work. Hopefully others can make the Help > Report a problem submissions. 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • brettatk
    brettatk Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've submitted a problem report on the issue. Thanks.
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Tried twice; didn't work.  Never saw an "OK" after the Refresh.
  • ChrisK
    ChrisK Member ✭✭
    Options
    None of the suggested solutions worked. This seems to occur quite frequently with an update. I've submitted a problem report, etc. It also seems to happen more frequently since paying the annual fee for a program that is not consistent. Problem needs to be fixed.
  • aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've tried the refresh suggested by @QuickenJared but that did nothing. I, too, have submitted a problem report. I do believe I recently installed a new, automatic update but am not sure if that was after yesterday's successful downloads or a day before. I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property version R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8 on a Windows 11 Home PC.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another user with same issue. Will submit problem report as refresh didn't work. USAA seems less competent in supporting Quicken than Fidelity, Schwab, Citi, and Chase.
  • rapptim
    rapptim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same error here and refresh also didn't work for me.
  • TwiddleOtis
    TwiddleOtis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue. No longer able to download USAA with the OL301A error. Rebranding did not work. Sending in a problem report. @Quicken Anja
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Followed all the steps. Still stuck.
  • ChrisK
    ChrisK Member ✭✭
    Options
    Followed all of above, nothing; deleted entire USAA account, set up again. Same error.
  • brettatk
    brettatk Member ✭✭
    Options
    As the moment, it appears to be working again.
  • TwiddleOtis
    TwiddleOtis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can confirm just tried and no more error.
  • katsrgreat1
    katsrgreat1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Checked this morning, updated successfully, all accounts downloaded and reconciled. Thank You.
  • aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just finished checking and although there were no errors, nothing downloaded but should have. I will try again tomorrow.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this error in online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

We have a breaking Open Alert that has been made available regarding this issue that can be followed in the thread linked here for any additional information or future updates.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.