Digital Federal Credit Union Issue (QWIN)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to sync with DCU (Digital Equipment Federal Credit Union).

Comments

• joezeppelin
    joezeppelin Member ✭✭
    I am also having issues with One Step Update which started yesterday. Yesterday I was getting error code CC-601, today it I am getting error code CC-592 "Quicken is unable to update your account because Digital Federal Credit Union is using an unsupported secondary authentication method.". I have made no changes to the authentication method for my accounts on the DCU website.
  • Purushottam Sane
    Purushottam Sane Member ✭✭
    Has anyone else experienced problems updating accounts from Digital Federal Credit Union? For past few days, I have been getting the error "Quicken is unable to update your account because Digital Federal Credit Union is using an unsupported authentication method."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello again, 

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. Note that while the error reported in the alert may be different from the errors you are seeing, however, they are related as we are seeing internal script errors.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sean Bowen
    Sean Bowen Member
    Yes I started seeing this error today also [CC-592]. I escalated this to a manager at the Digital Federal Credit Union at 1:30 PM Eastern time today. She said DCU was in contact with Quicken about changes but the next action is now on the Quicken side. Hopefully this is resolved on the Quicken side soon and we are not bounced back and forth between the two companies...
  • Tom Rarich
    Tom Rarich Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. DCU has no solution on their end. Please address it in a Quicken software update.
  • thenew3
    thenew3 Member ✭✭
    Same issue but started on 7/9.
  • JHBaz
    JHBaz Member ✭✭
    Same issue for a couple of days now
  • ISFBob
    ISFBob Member ✭✭
    Same issue started 7/11
  • Cooper's Dad
    Cooper's Dad Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Same issue, since 7/9/22. P.S. Any Tesla owners on this thread??? :wink:

Quicken user since the DOS/ 3.5" floppy disk days; migrated to QMac in 2022 for problem-free cloud functionality.

• joelf1
    joelf1 Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the same issue
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    I am able to login but not download, starting around 7/11. I use the "Fix it", and it says it worked, but it does not download. My error is CC-503

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

• RobP
    RobP Member ✭✭
    Got a CC-592 error when attempting to download my transactions from my Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) accounts this morning. Per this article: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-592 I'm expected to make my DCU account LESS secure by removing 2FA? That's absolutely nuts, and for a company that claims to care about security and protecting users financial data it's the wrong approach.

the Quicken software needs to be updated to handle 2FA with DCU and any other institution that has it implemented, not tell users to make their accounts less secure...
  • kipick
    kipick Member ✭✭
    problem downloading for a couple of days.

one thing after another since conversion.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx)  are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• thenew3
    thenew3 Member ✭✭
    > @RobP said:
    > Got a CC-592 error when attempting to download my transactions from my Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) accounts this morning. Per this article: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-592 I'm expected to make my DCU account LESS secure by removing 2FA? That's absolutely nuts, and for a company that claims to care about security and protecting users financial data it's the wrong approach.
    >
    > the Quicken software needs to be updated to handle 2FA with DCU and any other institution that has it implemented, not tell users to make their accounts less secure...

It used to work with DCU and it's 2FA, but something changed recently causing it to fail. Quicken still works with my other banks that require 2FA.
  • LenSe
    LenSe Member ✭✭
    I understand that DCU did another software upgrade which broke the Quicken-DCU capabilities . . . again. I get the cc-503 error just like I did back in February (for the same reason).
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. I've been getting CC-601 and CC-592 errors when trying to download transactions from my DCU banking accounts for that past few days.

I deactivated on-line access to one of them and then tried to re-activate, but the login failed with CC-501 error.
  • mike28
    mike28 Member ✭✭
    This seems to have started after I updated to Quicken Windows R42.8. It was working fine prior to this.
  • Two infuriating things: 1) The CC-592 error message assigns blame to the financial institution, rather than admitting that an internal Quicken script encountered an error, 2) To mute the errors while waiting for Quicken to fix the script, I must deactivate online access for all of the individual accounts, rather than for the institution
  • Sean Bowen
    Sean Bowen Member
    What would really be helpful be for Quicken to give us some sort of meaningful status other that "yeah we know it's a problem there's no ETA."

>This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do >not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community >Alert for any and all available updates. Note that while the error reported in the alert may be different >from the errors you are seeing, however, they are related as we are seeing internal script errors.

Quicken Anja, can you follow-up to find out what the status is with the escalation? From my perspective I'm paying a subscription fee for a product that does not work. Perhaps we could receive a credit on our account until it does work?
  • ramboibm0
    ramboibm0 Member ✭✭
    It used to work until a few days ago. Today I am getting this CC-592 Error. Called DCU and the rep said they checked everything at their end and it is now with QUICKEN to fix
  • JHBaz
    JHBaz Member ✭✭
    this broke after the last quicken update
  • quickastl
    quickastl Member ✭✭
    This is not due to the latest quicken update. It's DCU still thrashing about trying to make their disasterous "New digital experience" work.

There is no evidence of competent engineering behind the DCU project - Quicken not in the requirements, "fixes" that don't solve the problems; "fixes" like this one that regress. No regression testing. No real-world pre-release user testing. Finger pointing between DCU and Quicken.

You might think that one person at DCU would have a Quicken subscription and try a download before releasing new software... This isn't rocket science.

There are many other issues with this release - that don't involve quicken. And after 7 months, the situation isn't getting any better.

One DCU manager said that the situation embarrassed her. (As it should.)

As a very long-term member, I've seen many missteps. But nothing close to this - in scope, failure to plan, failure to communicate, failure to take responsibilty, and failure to timely fix.
  • LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    > @Sean Bowen said:
    > What would really be helpful be for Quicken to give us some sort of meaningful status other that "yeah we know it's a problem there's no ETA."
    >
    > >This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do >not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community >Alert for any and all available updates. Note that while the error reported in the alert may be different >from the errors you are seeing, however, they are related as we are seeing internal script errors.
    >
    > Quicken Anja, can you follow-up to find out what the status is with the escalation? From my perspective I'm paying a subscription fee for a product that does not work. Perhaps we could receive a credit on our account until it does work?

I opened a request (support email) with DCU sometime in March'22, and I was told that DCU does not support Quicken Platform. Yes, I have it in an email. I switched from the Mac version to Windows because Quicken took 8 months to fix the Mac bug, but I have to pay the subscription fee—corporate greed. I know that DCU is not as big as WF, BoA, or Chase,  I am not sure if Quicken will make any effort to resolve the issue. 
  • JHBaz
    JHBaz Member ✭✭
    Perhaps its time to start looking around and plan to move away from quicken and DCU
  • quickastl
    quickastl Member ✭✭
    DCU is plenty big. It's in the top 20 of CUs, nationwide. 980,000 members. $10B in assets.

Th problem is that the DCU person who contracted for, and those who implemented this "new experience" are incompetent. I don't say that lightly. The project's focus is on esthetics, with none on function or testing.

Rather than supply the advanced feed, they have quicken chasing web-scraping - which is problematic at best. And worse when they make uncoordinated changes to "fix" other problems.

There's never an ETA on these issues, which have been going on for over 7 months.

Heads should roll. But based on the track record to date, and the on-going finger pointing between Quicken and DCU, there's no prospect of a return to the previous level of service in the forseeable future.

Sigh.
  • aec
    aec Member
    Same issue here. DCU is putting it off on Quicken, but seems the whole DCU site conversion is problematic and they lack the talent to fix it.
  • dhcernese
    dhcernese Member ✭✭
    This morning I deactivated all my DCU accounts. Restarted my PC (unrelated update), in quicken I was able to setup, link, and download all my transactions for all my accounts with no error. I don't plan to try again, don't want to tempt the gods.

Quicken Classic Premier R55.26 on Windows10 now. I started with MYM (Managing Your Money) on DOS

This discussion has been closed.