Stock/Quote Prices Not Updating

Options
mayvin
mayvin Member
What happened to the progress bar when updating the quotes?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good question. How long does the process take? Might it be so fast that the progress bar has not enough time to even begin to display?
    Specifically, which process do you use to update quotes? One Step Update or Investing / Update / Quotes or ...?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mine never shows a progress bar.  I don't update many securities, so my update is quite fast, and so I agree with @UKR's guess that it is only put up when the update is taking a long time.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Richard Krueger
    Richard Krueger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is this temporary or an issue?
  • ESOR
    ESOR Member
    Options
    Not updating on mine either
  • ESOR
    ESOR Member
    Options
    Just updated at 11:28 am after many tries.
  • Rick Lush
    Rick Lush Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I use the "one step update" it downloads transactions from my various accounts but doesn't give any updated stock quotes even though it says it updated 121 stock prices. Used the "update" button on the investing page and it says it's updating but no prices change. Worked fine yesterday as late as 6 PM and I haven't changed anything since then.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

We have received reports that signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services has resolved this issue for some users. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mayvin
    mayvin Member
    Options
    I used to have it, now it diapered
  • TomBel
    TomBel Member
    Options
    Update quotes does not work for 5/31/2022. Appears to work for other dates.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TomBel said:
    Update quotes does not work for 5/31/2022. Appears to work for other dates.
    Hello @TomBel

I do apologize that you seem to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for drawing our attention to this matter here on the Quicken Community.

Have you attempted to make use of the instructions provided by @Quicken Anja in the above comment earlier in this thread? Note that I have merged your discussion with this one. 

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Just made the mistake of downloading new version 42.8 again. Once again quotes will not download. The only way it works, is to download the Mondo patch and roll back version to R41.19. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

[Merged Post]
  • taxMax
    taxMax Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue, no progress bar while updating quotes although quotes do get updated and the screen freezes during that time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @TexMike - just to let you know R42.19 is the most current version.  R42.8 is the one prior to R42.19.  The numbering system, especially for this current release is causing some confusion.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Damian he said R41.19 which is before 42.  At least it looks like it from
    https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @texmike - sorry I misread your R41.19 as R42.19.  Thanks @volvogirl.
This discussion has been closed.