NCSECU multiple downloads of same transactions

Options
Needausername
Needausername Member ✭✭
Since Quicken's most recent update, two of my credit union accounts have been a mess. Every day when I update, Quicken re-downloads transactions it's already downloaded in the past, and I have to sort through and delete or -- if possible -- match to a downloaded transaction. Is there any plan in place to correct this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Needausername,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the NCSECU account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with downloading duplicate transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Needausername
    Needausername Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Jasmine. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Before I go into something like that, I think I may have a quick fix. There's mention online of being able to "manually match" a downloaded transaction to one you have in the system already. That would be a terrific help, but the articles refer to an "edit button" which doesn't appear in my register (or I can't find it). Could you talk me through manually matching a downloaded transaction to an existing one, in Quicken Deluxe for Windows?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Needausername,

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. 

You can manually match transactions by navigating to the bottom of your register and entering the Downloaded Transactions tab then you will right-click on the transaction and choose Manually Match Transaction.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May I ask how you're downloading transactions?
    Are you using One Step Update or "Update Now"?
    Are you logging on to the bank's website and downloading a range of transactions in a QFX file and importing the file?
    Are you frequently switching between these two modes?
This discussion has been closed.