How do I get Quicken to pull my transaction & banking information from the quicken cloud?

Options
Derm1953
Derm1953 Member
It has pulled my transaction information from back-ups on an external HD. This data is older than that on the quicken cloud. I don't want to have to re-enter everything. The Quicken process never gave me a choice on where to pull the data from. Have you run into this issue before and is there a solution for me to use? Otherwise, why should I have the quicken cloud b/u at all?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    The Quicken Cloud is not a backup.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are you using an older backup?  What happened to your current file?  If you restored a backup to use you might be able to download the newer transactions again to it.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken offers a free cloud data storage service called Dropbox that can be used for backups but it is not a Quicken Cloud Account.  They are two very different things.  If you are referring to Dropbox you are the only person who would have access to that.
    What you might want to do is search your local hard drive for Quicken files.  I think you might be surprised to find out how many data files and backup files you might actually have on your local hard drive.  It is very easy to do the search:  File > Find Quicken Files.  When the search is completed (it should not take long) you will have a list of all Quicken data files and where they are located.  Perhaps one or more of these data files will have more current data in them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derm1953 said: It has pulled my transaction information from back-ups on an external HD.
    We have no idea what you are talking about - without more details on what you did ....
    Quicken does not "pull" data from anywhere....
    - Did you perform a Quicken Restore ? - why ?
    - Quicken Cloud is only a snapshot of your selected accounts for the Mobile App - IT IS NOT A BACKUP

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why don't you try downloading your transaction data directly from your financial institutions using Web Connect (which means you download and import a file)? Some FIs will let you specify a time frame for such downloads.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.