Fifth Third OL-393-A

Options
mj808
mj808 Member
Quicken does not connect to Fifth Third. Fifth Third tells me Quicken did an update and some Fifth Third customers are having problems, but it is on the Quicken side and Quicken must fix it. Has been over a week, today is July 19.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mj808,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. While the error you reported is slightly different from that reported in the Alert, it is related as we are seeing internal server errors with Fifth Third Bank.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lmann
    lmann Member
    Options
    7/23/22 - still having this issue. When will it be resolved????
  • robert@pankys.com
    Options
    very disapointing I received this error for a few weeks now.. I am hopefuly a resolution is coming soon
  • mj808
    mj808 Member
    Options
    It has not been resolved for me, just received this as I have all along for 2-3 weeks when I tried to update:
    Needs your attention
    Fifth Third Bank
    OL-393-A
    Quicken is unable to updaate your accounts. This could be just a temporary outage. Please try to update your accounts the next business day. If the error continues, try these additional solutions.(OL-393-A) Your financial instution has rejected your request. (OL-301-A)
  • Stevencireland
    Options
    I would agree but it does work better but not like before - may start doing a manual reconciliation
  • J Step
    J Step Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also receiving the same OL-393-A error. I have the latest update for Quicken as well. This happened about a month or so ago, and then appeared to resolved. But it is certainly causing issues again.
  • lmann
    lmann Member
    Options
    Still having this issue on 8/2/22...
  • J Step
    J Step Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Resolution: I was also getting the OL-393-A error for 2 accounts. After some research a few months ago, I found out that the error was caused by a discrepancy between my SAVINGS account settings with Fifth Third Bank and my Quicken settings for the same account. Even though it showed two accounts erroring, there were no issues with my checking account. Turns out that though my Savings account was set up to download transactions from Fifth Third, it was not set up to pay bills (since I always pay bills via my checking account anyway). But in Quicken, 'Online Bill Payment' for that account was set as 'Active'. Per Quicken, I deactivated 'Online Bill Payment' for my Savings account in Quicken, and the error went away. (However, with a recent Quicken software update, my savings account was once again set up with 'online bill payment' turned on, thus the error appeared again each time even though my transactions were appearing appropriately.)

To resolve, I went to TOOLS > ACCOUNT LIST, selected my 5/3 SAVINGS account and clicked EDIT. Then went to 'ONLINE SERVICES' tab, and in the 2nd box down - 'Online Bill Payment' > 'Action' column, I clicked on 'Deactivate' - and then 'Okay'. This stopped all OL-393-A errors for '2 accounts' even though my change did not impact my Savings account transaction downloads, and made no changes to my Checking account where Online Bill Payment is still occurring.
This discussion has been closed.