Bank of America Direct Connection no longer available?

hannsoft
hannsoft Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
Can anybody tell me if BOA's Direct Connect option is still available? I haven't been able to connect today .. last time I was successful was 7/15/22.

Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    Hello @hannsoft

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Bank of America account(s). 

Are you receiving any error codes or messages when performing a One Step Update or when performing an individual account update?

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Bank of America account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I continue to connect fine with B of A via DC.
    Has something changed with respect to your Quicken installation?
    What error message(s) are you getting?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• thecreator
    thecreator Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Rocket J Squirrel" ,

I believe that Direct Connect is available only to existing customers, not to new Customers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• BK
    BK Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    That is correct.  BofA discontinued its Direct Connect many years ago - and ONLY made it accessible to customer's who had been "grandfathered-in", when they had already established a DC account years ago.   And if those fortunate ones make any changes to their accounts, they will lose DC access.
    EWC and Web Connect are the only options.
    Here is a screenshot I took ~ 2015 which is probably even older than that:

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Rocket J Squirrel
    To be more precise, DC is connected to the customer's user ID at B of A. Change the ID, lose DC.
    I've had DC forever and recently added a new account. The new account also downloads via DC.
    So @hannsoft still needs to answer the question about what changed that might have caused DC to stop working and what the error message is.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• hannsoft
    Thanks for your comments folks!

What's happened is a work around. My main QDF simply wouldn't open so I got one of my backups to open (from 8 days ago, 7/11/22). There has been no changes to my logon data (ID & PW) and now I get this. Needless to say, there IS an internet connection that works just fine. Spent the day on the phone back and forth with Quicken and BOA who continually blamed each other. Any ideas are desperately welcome.
  • hannsoft
    I should add - I've been a BOA customer since 2005.
  • hannsoft
    And lastly .. is the downloading of future Billpay transactions only available through Direct Connect? That's the whole value of Quicken for me - "seeing" into the future. Ugh
  • BK
    BK Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    The best way to further troubleshoot this is to create a new blank Quicken data file and add just BofA to it.  First try Direct Connect method of course and if that does not work try the Express Web Connect.  That should provide additional data to take this to the next step.  Please post back the results.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• thecreator
    thecreator Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It you send Report a Problem from the One Step Update Summary Window to Quicken?
    Subject Line should be 0L-297-A

Can you

hannsoft said:
    Thanks for your comments folks!

What's happened is a work around. My main QDF simply wouldn't open so I got one of my backups to open (from 8 days ago, 7/11/22). There has been no changes to my logon data (ID & PW) and now I get this. Needless to say, there IS an internet connection that works just fine. Spent the day on the phone back and forth with Quicken and BOA who continually blamed each other. Any ideas are desperately welcome.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Rocket J Squirrel
    hannsoft said:
    Can't blame BofA for this one. BofA DC continues to chug along as it has for decades.
    You have Quicken data file corruption.
    Try the usual troubleshooting steps such as Validate & Repair and disconnecting all BofA accounts and "Add Account" them all back with DC enabled. If you need help accomplishing these, just ask.
    If you have interesting log results from validation, share them and perhaps we can diagnose further.

This discussion has been closed.