Why Do I Always See This Pop-Up?

Options
KenC
KenC Member ✭✭
The icon with circular arrow is not spinning much lately. The Account Status window has Update buttons that keep causing this window to pop up.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @KenC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to reset the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KenC
    KenC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I did what you suggest and yesterday it helped. It got the update buttons working.

However, this morning it's same problem again. Now it's not letting me sign back in. Mind you, yesterday I did the same thing with same credentials.

The "let us know" link goes to your support page that has same problem.

Even trying to reset password gets same error message. Did Quicken misplace my email again? Yet it allows me to come here to post this?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using a VPN?
    If so, turn it off, making sure to get it out of your Network Settings completely, then try Quicken again.
  • KenC
    KenC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. After many frustrating hours on the phone with Quicken tech support and Apple Tech support, I have finally found the solution. I'm not running any VPN, but...

As odd as it sounds (to me at least), this was a case of having to "reset my cable modem" with my ISP Comcast Cable. Apparently, some weird spurious hiccup caused a blockage of only the login to Quicken! It had blocked both the Quicken app login and the browser login with any browser.

Now back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.