Checking accounts downloads from Bank Of America.

Tony Kay
Tony Kay Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
Multiple entries appearing as NJ American Water with different amounts and same categories. I go thru the process of going to Memorized Payee Lists and changing the entries but every month the same happens. Is this a BOA problem. or a Quicken problem. How do I permanently solve this problem?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there, by any chance, a Renaming Rule in effect that sets Payee Name = NJ American Water because it looks at the downloaded payee name and renames everything that, for example, has "NJ" in the name field?
    Check your Renaming Rules and, if you could, show me an image snapshot of the extended rule.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Tony Kay
    I was able to capture the information you requested, but I do not know how to down the information.
  • UKR
    Tony Kay said:
    I was able to capture the information you requested, but I do not know how to down the information.
    One of the links in my response should have told you.
    If you have created image files, you should be able to drag and drop them right into the Leave a Comment box.

• Tony Kay
    hope this helps.
  • UKR
    Thanks for the images. I think what you need is a Renaming Rule as follows:
    Together with a Memorized Payee List entry for payee = North American Water you should get a properly named and categorized transaction.
  • Tony Kay
    Thank you for assistance, will see the results in next month's statement.
This discussion has been closed.