Reminders no longer match w/ downloaded transactions when entered

Options
Matt
Matt Member ✭✭✭
For many years I've had reminder transactions for things like online bills, credit card payments, mortgage, etc. I would typically handle getting these transactions reconciled in one of two ways:

1) For bills that I knew about in advance I usually right click and select Enter Transaction and save it into the register in advance of the bill. When the transaction downloads from the financial institution it typically automatically matches. This seems to still be the case.

2) For other bills that may not be the same every time I usually wait until the transaction downloads, and then I select Enter Transaction and update the date/amount to match the downloaded transaction and select Enter. This used to result in a match in the downloaded transaction. Unfortunately I believe since the most recent update this is no longer the case and it never matches. I now have to right click on the downloaded transaction and select Match Manually, then select that transaction. Once I do that it matches successfully.

Number 2) above has worked for me for countless years and I only started having the problem after the most recent update. Hopefully someone has a workaround/fix or can at least acknowledge it is a known issue.

I'm using Quicken Premier for Windows version R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8 on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Kevin Jennings
    Options
    I've noticed the same type of behavior where the newly downloaded transaction does not match with what is already in the register. If I switch to some other account and then come back, the downloaded transactions now match. For some reason, this is only happening on some of my accounts. I'm not sure yet if the "switch and switch back" works all the time, I just ran stumbled on to this work around today.

This problem started for me with R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8 on Windows 10 as well.
  • Nicola
    Nicola Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue using Quicken Delxue for Windows. Same release number as others R42.8 Build 27.1.42.8. Please resolve this as it is now very inefficient to get downloaded transactions to match bill reminders. You're better than this Quicken!
  • smaz88
    smaz88 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same issues. I am using the Windows subscription service. This problem didn't start to occur until a couple of weeks ago.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since it appears you are all currently still running version release R42.8; to start with, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R42.19, and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R42.19 Mondo Patch through this support article

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to update but Quicken said there was nothing available. I was able to finally see the update and it looks like this specific issue is addressed in the release notes (see the attached image).

I've had a single transaction that previously wouldn't match that has matched correctly. Probably too early to say it's fixed but so far so good.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @Matt thank s for the update! Glad to hear things appear to be working correctly so far.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.