Schwab accounts not downloading ... again

Options
Daddio25
Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
I've got 6 Schwab accounts.  Not much activity in them.  Mostly monthly interest deposits.  A few weeks ago I realized that they have not been downloading transactions during my regular One Step Updates.  The last ones were from April.  I've attempted several things to get them to update without success.
  • Individually reset the accounts.  Quicken shows that they were reset.  Only two of them has downloaded any new transactions.
  • Deactivated all of the accounts at one time.  Reactivated them all.  That seems to have been successful.  Though none of them is downloading transactions.
  • My last OSU shows that 5 of the accounts were updated with 6 new transactions.  When I look at the accounts there is nothing new.

I am running the latest version of Quicken, R42.8.

I am frustrated and don't know how to resolve this.

Comments

• Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    One more thing of note.  Two of the accounts now have new Opening Balance entries that are dated for 2079!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Daddio25,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've been out of town and just tried it this morning.

Now 5 of my 6 accounts are syncing.  The sixth one shows that it was not setup for downloads.  I went through the steps to set it up.  Everything seems to have worked correctly - I got the Success message at the end.  When I performed a One Step Update the account did not sync.  I checked and it still shows that it is not set up for downloads.  Additionally, now my Fidelity accounts are not working.  I now get error OL-362-A for all of them.  The message says "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file."  This is not the first time that I have had this problem happen.

Still frustrated with this.   Argh!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up, though I apologize that you are still experiencing issues.

For the account that appear as though it is not set up, when you attempted to set up the connection, did you do so through "Set Up Now" (in the Online Services tab) or through Add Account?

If it was through Set Up Now, then I recommend going through Add Account instead. To do so, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

As for the issue with Fidelity; I recommend that you review and follow the error-specific instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-362. However, please be aware that we do currently have 2 open alerts on Fidelity which you can review here and here. While the error code you are experiencing is different from those reported in the Alerts, it is likely related.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried the Add Account route.  Was able to log in to Schwab without any problems.  All six accounts show up on the Schwab web page.  When I was redirected back to Quicken all 6 accounts show "Don't add to Quicken" in the Action column of the Add Account window.  When I click Next the window closes and  the account still shows the "Set up Now ..." button in the Online Services tab of the Account Details.  Nothing has changed.  What can I try next?

Regarding the Fidelity accounts.  I closed and reopened Quicken.  When I performed a OSU the Fidelity accounts synced without any issues.

Thanks
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another interesting thing.  When I performed the OSU there were five duplicate transactions downloaded for a checking account that I have at a credit union.  The transactions were 2 to 3 months old, and were already reconciled.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

At this point, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly instead for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.