Two Tangerine ( Bank Canada ) accounts with 2 factor authentification

Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
I have 2 Tangerine accounts with 2 factors authentification so I get two different OTP for both account by Text message

Autofill does not work from Text Message, so I get 2 code from Tangerine by Text message and I do not know in which sequence they come in ( which one is for Account 1 and which one is for account 2 )

It is Quicken issue to my view
Would it be possible for Quicken to ask which OTP is required one at the time so I get only one Text message for the account requested, and leave it for the second account to be asked independently and later

Right now Quicken asks for the 2 accounts and  I get 2 text messages for the same bank and cannot figure out which OTP is for which account from that bank

also I get text messages with OTP for Tangerine, as asked by a third party in the middle of the night, when I do not connect or use Quicken

I have one Bank ( National Bank of Canada new login ) that directly ask if I want an OTP and in which manner ( as a Text message or as an email )

If this process was also for Tangerine it would be simplier for me ( just confirming my request for an OTP for a particular account or skipping

With Tangerine right now, OTP is automatically requested by Text message for both accounts at the same time and I get 2 windows to enter the OTP one for each account

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Gilles9

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

The 2-factor authentication messages that you receive do come from your financial institution's server. You will need to reach out to them for further assistance. It is recommended to speak to a supervisor or a Tier 2 agent as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.