OL-362-A Downloaded Data for an Account that does not exist.

Options
Hen
Hen Member ✭✭
About 2 weeks ago, updating accounts (F&M Bank, Janney, TD Ameritrade) downloaded zero transactions I tried deactivating each account and reactivating it. That worked for F&M and Janney. For TDA is said there were downloaded transactions that needed to be accepted. I didn't see any.
Now when I Update, I get the above error message about an account that does not exist.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hen said:
    About 2 weeks ago, updating accounts (F&M Bank, Janney, TD Ameritrade) downloaded zero transactions I tried deactivating each account and reactivating it. That worked for F&M and Janney. For TDA is said there were downloaded transactions that needed to be accepted. I didn't see any.
    Now when I Update, I get the above error message about an account that does not exist.
    Hello @Hen

I am sorry about this issue with missing transactions and the OL-362-A error code. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, is a financial institution provided regarding this error message? If so, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try to proceed through the instructions provided in this Support Article, in order. Note that you may have to deactivate all of the accounts associated with the affected financial institution. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    Options
    "First, is a financial institution provided regarding this error message? " Yes I forgot the screenshot, it is TD Ameritrade.
    I have two accounts with them and both say I must accept downloaded transactions before I deactivate. I don't see these transactions anywhere so I can't accept them.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Hen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Hen said:
    I have two accounts with them and both say I must accept downloaded transactions before I deactivate. I don't see these transactions anywhere so I can't accept them.
    In an attempt to eliminate the error message you described above, please try the instructions provide below.
    1. Right-click an account experiencing this problem in the Account List in the sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account
    2. Navigate to the Online Services tab and if "Automatic entry is: ..." is set to Off, click on it and switch it to On
    3. On the following screen, select "Yes - Always..." and click OK
    4. Try deactivating your account again
    Note that you will need to repeat the steps above for each account. If you were able to successfully deactivate the accounts after following the steps above and prefer to accept transactions when downloading, then after reactivating the accounts, please follow the same steps above again, except switch the setting back to Off (select "No - Never..." for step 3).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Automatic entry is already ON. It cannot be changed because transactions must be accepted. Nor can I RESET the account, same message transactions must be accepted.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hen said:
    Automatic entry is already ON. It cannot be changed because transactions must be accepted. Nor can I RESET the account, same message transactions must be accepted.
    For clarification; switching this setting to Off is solely for troubleshooting purposes so you can deactivate the account and follow through with the troubleshooting instructions previously provided by @Quicken Jared. Once you reactivate the account, you can switch the setting back to On. Without switching the setting, you will continue to receive the error message while attempting to deactivate.

Thank you! 

-Quicken Anja

• Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    Options
    1) I cannot deactivate the account
    2) The transactions I am ordered to accept are invisible to me.
    3) Anja's #2 instruction said IF Automatic entry is set to off. Well it wasn't set to off, it was ON and cannot be changed because of these invisible transactions I must accept.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @Hen thank you for your response and clarifying that the Automatic entry is currently set to On.

In that case, you would simply do the opposite and switch it to Off, then proceed to deactivate the account. If you still continue to receive the error after doing so, then at that point, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I said in #3 Automatic Entry is ON and CANNOT be changed because there are transactions that must be accepted. However there are no transactions to be accepted that I can see.
    Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.