Issue w/ Bill Reminders [Edited]

Cruisin
Cruisin Quicken Windows Subscription Member
Bill Reminders.
I have set up two groups of bill reminders, one for the first of the month, and one for the 15th of the month. When I set the date for the 1st of the month, for example 1 Aug 2022, I save the information and close the window. When I go back to the bill and income reminders, the date of the 1st of the month has changed to, for example, 1 Nov 2022. Then if I get out and go back in, the date will have changed again to, e.g., 1 Dec 2023. This continues every time I set the date for either group. Quicken help cannot fix the problem, which just started occurring a few months ago.
Anybody have any ideas for a fix?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Cruisin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about setting up and working with Transaction Groups in Tools / Manage Bill & Income Reminders?
    Just trying to steer this discussion into the right niche as there's a difference between individual scheduled reminders and Transaction Groups ...
    Personally, I don't use Transaction Groups. All my reminders are individual reminders, with varying due dates and varying needs for "remind me (or auto enter) xx days ahead". That works just fine for me, including the planning for future balances and making sure that my checking account always is well fed.
  • jndcoff
    jndcoff Quicken Windows Other Member ✭✭
    I have noticed the same. It seems the proc that sets the bill reminders has been changed. I also set multiple payment reminders for my credit card accounts. I.E. 1 reminder for the due date on 14th of the month with a budgeted value to CC ABC Due of $1000. I then create a second reminder for the 30th CC ABC Extra Payment so I can pay the irregular additional purchases of $100. If I have large purchases beyond my budgeted amount, I adjust the current payment for the extra payment to pay it off before the end of the month. This worked for a very long time, then something changed. Now it appears the payment intervals are stored on the account and not the name of the reminder and I can't reset the next due date. If the regular payment is paid early it seems there is a pointer to the next due date on the account and if I edit the series on either the regular due reminder or the extra, it will save it as an adjustment to Just this interval. but when I edit it again it resets to the next regular due date in the future. Is there a way to reset what is stored for the account, or perhaps it is getting a value from the synch to the CC company and picking up that the card has zero due for the upcoming due date and automatically setting the start date as the next month?
  • mrlwalsh
    mrlwalsh Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    While waiting for Quicken support on the phone I thought I'd add to this thread. The bottom line for me is that my monthly credit card bill reminders are consistently moved forward an extra month after a one step update.

I set a bill reminder for each credit card at the due date. I then set the option on the bill reminder to remind me 27 days in advance so I get the reminder just about when I receive a statement from the credit card company. This process used to work well and I would always get the bill reminder well in time to make payment on the card. Sometime this year the process started failing. I would go to the credit card site and make an online payment. I would record that payment from my checking account in Quicken. At that point the credit card bill reminder would move forward one month and all was well. However, after I do an update, the bill reminder would be moved ahead another another month. I almost missed some payments because the bill reminder was now another month out.

I have read several posts about bill reminder dates being hanged in this way but no good solutions. It seems to me that it is a problem with the update process and the suggested solutions, most often validating or super validating do not help/

Can someone from Quicken review all the comments about bill reminder dates being changed erroneously and find the problem. Right now I can't trust the bill reminders to be correct for my credit card accounts.