PayPal new connection method

SueQ
SueQ Member ✭✭
Looks like the issues have been resolved for everyone but me, since all discussions have been closed. I still cannot download transactions from PayPal since I get a Quicken error every time I try to reauthorize (to use new connection method). I apologize in advance, I have read all posts in prior discussions and none have worked for me. Talked to Quicken CS twice and even PayPal CS with no luck. Thanks for any help you can give. BTW I am using the latest updated Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    SueQ said:
    Looks like the issues have been resolved for everyone but me, since all discussions have been closed. I still cannot download transactions from PayPal since I get a Quicken error every time I try to reauthorize (to use new connection method). I apologize in advance, I have read all posts in prior discussions and none have worked for me. Talked to Quicken CS twice and even PayPal CS with no luck. Thanks for any help you can give. BTW I am using the latest updated Quicken.
    Hello @SueQ

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to link your account(s) to online banking services? You can check this by navigating to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with an affected account. Next, go to the Online Services tab. The requested information regarding connection method should be listed here. 

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Add your Paypal account(s) by clicking on the Add Account button in the upper left-hand portion of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. I am curious if these issues continue in the test file.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    PayPal connection method was Express Web Connect. New Quicken File test resulted in the same error from Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SueQ,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide the exact error message and/or code you are receiving while trying to connect?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Quicken is having a problem connecting to ZZZ-PayPal OLD." Then try again or enter transactions manually.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    [Removed - Mac Instructions]
  • SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    First I want to say thanks for trying to help me. "Error When Updating Accounts in Quicken for Mac: Error 390" - I read this article and where it says to click Set Up on the Account Status screen is where I am stuck, since I have never seen this screen I'm not sure where to find it. BTW - I am using a PC and not MAC. I have used all instances of PayPal when "Add Account" that are listed and still get the same results.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @SueQ,

Thank you for providing details on the error you are receiving, though I apologize for the confusion caused by the Mac article previously provided.

Based on the errors you are receiving, it would be best for you to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Please note that it's possible that our support agents may need to seek Tier 2 assistance to file an escalation. In which case, we'd recommend waiting until Monday to contact support as Tier 2 is out of the office on weekends.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    I contacted Quicken Support twice - First person could not help me at all - Second person said we can no longer use One Step Update and must enter PayPal transactions manually or download from PayPal. So I will try one last time on Monday. Thanks very much for trying to help me.
  • SueQ
    SueQ Member ✭✭
    Here is my update. I called Quicken Support today and the issue was my anti virus which needed to be turned off. So my issue has been resolved. Thanks again and again.
  • Quicken Anja
    @SueQ Thanks for the update! Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.