Quicken Continues to Add Reminders to Bills and Income Tab

Options
I've been having this issue for some time now.
Quicken continues to add reminders to 'Bills and Income' tab.
They don't show up anymore in 'Bill and Income Reminders.'

I keep deleting them form 'Bills and Income' tab, but they keep showing up.
I validated the file. Not sure what to do next.

James

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James114 said:

James
    Hello @James114,            

I am sorry to hear about this problem with bill reminders being generated spontaneously. Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community.

First, what information, exactly, is appearing in these randomly generated bill reminders (are they blank; do they all appear for a certain amount, etc)? Are these reminders associated with any one particular biller? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure your data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage. 

I can provide further recommendations once we have confirmed that the data file is located on your computer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The info that is being generated are actual payees that I've used in the past.
    They are not blank. They show up in my 'Manage Manual Bills and Income.'
    So, I'll select 'Options' Suggest Reminders' and click 'Decline all suggested Reminders.'
    They then get removed from 'Manage Manual Bills and Income' but the options setting returns to:
    'Review my accounts for reminders to suggest.'
    Then, a day or two later other manual bills show up in the 'Bills and Income' tab with my list of
    scheduled bills an income.
    I have an SSD drive with 2 partitions . One being windows asystem and a smaller one I use for all my
    working data, including quicken data.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still doing it. This is getting very annoying.
    Quicken puts suggested reminder in 'Bill and Income reminders' and 'Bill and Income' ab.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @James114,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue and I do understand how frustrating this can be. 

I suggest signing out and back into your data file to see if this helps to resolve your issue. Please follow the steps below in order to do so. Keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Once that is done, you should no longer receive the error and be able to run and complete a One Step Update successfully.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James114 said:

James
    I'm not aware of "suggested reminders" showing up as active reminders in the newer style Bills & Income tab. Most likely because I have long ago successfully turned off all the "Suggest Reminders" options in the traditional Tools / Manage Bill & Income Reminders view, Options button.

Try to turn off "Review ..." (so that there's no checkmark) and select "Decline all ..." to get rid of the ones that are already listed as suggested reminders at the bottom of the Bill and Income Reminders view.
    It's quite possible that a recent software update turned "Review ..." on ... by mistake, I'd say, the programmers seem to like to lay cuckoo's eggs like that on occasion ... but you should be able to turn if off and make it stick across Quicken sessions.
  • James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep selecting 'Decline all ...' But it keeps reverting back to 'Review my accounts...'
    I've done that many times to get rid of the bill reminders Quicken puts in the list.
This discussion has been closed.