I can't import Tangerine information Release# R42.11

Options
I'm trying to import .qfx files from my downloads folder and it doesn't work anymore.

It worked perfectly just a month or so ago.

Answers

• fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried to attach images to my original post but it didn't work.

Before when I downloaded from the Tangerine website, it acknowledged the file and automatically updated Quicken.

I've tried using the "File", "File Import", and "Web Connect (.QFX) File..." and it doesn't seem to work.

I don't know if this is a problem on my end, or if it's on the Tangerine Bank end of things.
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's photo# 1
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's photo# 3
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's Photo# 4
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's photo # 5
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here's photo # 6
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've figured out that under "Tools", "Account List", "All Accounts", the "Transaction Download ?" for the chequing account is set to "No".

I just need to figure out how to reset it to "YES".
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @fq283cr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing issues.

When you attempt to import the QFX file, do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) or does simply nothing happen?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I get the following image, but it doesn't actually update the checking account #5402
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to update account# 5402 under "Tools" "Account List" in the "Transaction Download" column from "No", to "Yes (Web Connect", but I tested it this morning and while it appears to work, it doesn't actually import data.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for the update and for providing additional details.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Recently there was a change in Firefox which now causes this.
    To make QFX files downloaded with Firefox automatically import into Quicken you need to go into Firefox Tools / Settings / General. Scroll down to Applications and look for the "Quicken OFX data" item. Change it to "Use Quicken Windows".
    You may have to review this area for other file types which you download with Firefox and correct their settings, too, as needed.
    Clicking the downloaded file in the popup window (or opening the Download folder and double-clicking the file) to open it should import it into Quicken.
    Selecting File / File Import / Web connect (.QFX) file from within Quicken should also import the file's transactions.

• fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, my checking account under "Tools", "Account List" is showing in the "Transaction Download" column that I'm "Yes (Web Connect)".

As well as the "Last Download" column showing "August 3, 2022 - 6:29 a.m." as the last transaction.

So there has been some changes.

I'll try to include a screenshot of my FireFox "Applications", but haven't been able to find any ".qfx" files here. There may be something missing there?
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is one other thing that may be causing this.

When setting Quicken up on my new DELL computer, I set my "crue's quicken data_Synclog" + "Crue'sQuicken Data OFXLOG" to be saved on my desktop in Windows 10.

I just delete them after every successful banking data import via .Qfx.

Could that be the problem maybe?
  • fq283cr
    fq283cr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was finally able to get Quicken to allow me to try to set up a new account under a different e-mail address.

Unfortunately I don't have the registration number, but at least I got that far.

After shutting down my computer, and then having to go back in, and direct Quicken to my "regular" e-mail address, I attempted to import downloaded .Qfx file information but it didn't work.

Since Quicken made an update roughly in the last 4 to 6 weeks ago, something doesn't seem to connect like it used to. Worst case scenario I can just go back to manual data entry, it just takes a little bit longer.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fq283cr said:
    I'll try to include a screenshot of my FireFox "Applications", but haven't been able to find any ".qfx" files here. There may be something missing there?

Below the file types, as shown in your Firefox Settings image, there's an option for
    What should Firefox do with other files?
    • Save files
    • Ask whether to open or save files
    Set it to "Ask ..." so that Firefox will prompt you next time you download a .QFX file. When it does, select to "open file with Quicken Windows".
    In Windows Control Panel itself, check to see that the File Type QFX is properly registered, pointing to Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fq283cr said:
    There is one other thing that may be causing this.

When setting Quicken up on my new DELL computer, I set my "crue's quicken data_Synclog" + "Crue'sQuicken Data OFXLOG" to be saved on my desktop in Windows 10.

I just delete them after every successful banking data import via .Qfx.

Could that be the problem maybe?
    The recommended (and default) place for Quicken data files is in
    C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken.
    With Quicken closed, move your QDF, Synclog and OFXLog files from the Desktop to this folder.
    If a folder named BACKUP also exists on the Desktop, move the folder and all its contents to \Documents\Quicken\ so that you now have a \Documents\Quicken\BACKUP folder.
    Do not delete the Synclog and OFXlog files once in the correct position. They are needed by Quicken Support for debugging purposes.
    When you're done moving files, navigate to the QDF file in the \Documents\Quicken folder and double-click the QDF file. This will start Quicken using the file in its new location. Quicken will remember the new file location from now on.

This discussion has been closed.