Manually entered DivX transactiions

Options
DeanH
DeanH Member
Has the issue of manually entered DivX transactions not transferring money to cash account been answered? I'm using Windows Quicken Deluxe version R42-19. When transactions are downloaded, the software converts Div to DivX and transfers money to linked cash account. Not so if I enter manually.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried entering a DivX transaction in an investing account that has a linked checking account. Both using the Enter Transactions button and directly in the Transaction list, the transaction worked as expected for me, with the dividend going to the linked account.

Can you describe what happens when you enter these transactions manually?

Is this by chance an IRA account that was converted from Microsoft Money? Normally Quicken does not allow linked checking accounts with IRAs and this has caused issues with MS Money IRAs, which did allow them.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I, too, have not been able to duplicate this issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• DeanH
    DeanH Member
    Options
    Problem began when i was trying to fix a 2 month old CUSIP payee in cash account. My bright idea was to delete the transaction from transaction account, and then download update from Ameriprise. The update did not download the transaction with the CUSIP problem. So I then entered transaction manually and the transfer to cash did not show up, and I can't enter it manually into cash register.
  • DeanH
    DeanH Member
    Options
    It was not in an IRA, just our Joint Account for investments.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DeanH said:
    Problem began when i was trying to fix a 2 month old CUSIP payee in cash account. My bright idea was to delete the transaction from transaction account, and then download update from Ameriprise. The update did not download the transaction with the CUSIP problem. So I then entered transaction manually and the transfer to cash did not show up, and I can't enter it manually into cash register.
    Deleting the errant transaction from the securities transaction account normally would be the action i would have taken.  It should have removed the transaction from both the securities account and in the linked cash account. 
    For future reference:  Once a transaction has been downloaded, Quicken "remembers" it.  So deleting that transaction and then trying to download it again will not work.  The only solution is to manually enter the transaction that was deleted.  With a linked checking account, entering this manual transaction should have been entered as simply an Inc_Income (Div, Int, etc.) transaction.  Quicken should have converted it to a DivX transaction and entered it into the linked checking account.
    I don't understand why that did not work.  It sounds like there might be some sort of corruption at play here.
    What you might want to do is to backup your data file and then go to File and run Validate and Repair File.  If there is some corruption in this account, this process might find it and repair it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.