downloaded bank transactions don't provide details (Q Mac)

Options
jerry9617
jerry9617 Member ✭✭
just updated to new quicken and downloaded all transactions. everything is a withdrawal or deposit - no details. How do I get that info back?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @jerry9617,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method with said financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the account(s) with which you are experiencing this issue. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jerry9617
    jerry9617 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The financial institution is Golden FCU, connected through Quicken Connect. Before adding a test file and further confusing my addled brain, please tell me what i{m looking for and what i'll do if i find it. Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jerry9617 said:
    The financial institution is Golden FCU, connected through Quicken Connect. Before adding a test file and further confusing my addled brain, please tell me what i{m looking for and what i'll do if i find it. Thanks
    Hello @jerry9617

I am sorry for confusion regarding the earlier troubleshooting steps. Thank you for requesting further clarification. 

In the test file, we are looking to see if the issue with transaction information is continuing. You may add your Golden One FCU accounts by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. If you see that the details of the transactions listed in the account register are still missing, be sure to let us know as soon as possible. 

We look forward to hearing any updates you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you just "updated to new quicken" ...
    what old Quicken version did you come from?
    Did you install the new Quicken on the same computer that had the old version installed? Or did you buy a new computer?
    What happened to the Quicken data file (and its backup copies) you used under the old version?
    In most cases, it should be possible to just simply access the old data file or restore a backup copy and resume working with the new version.
  • jerry9617
    jerry9617 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100). This was an upgrade under an annual subscription. I have not lost the old data which continues to carry the correct data. But account updates (since the update) showed either "deposit" or "withdrawal". After correcting a withdrawal top read PGE Utilities, all subsequent downloads read PGE - utilities.

I downloaded a test file and every entry carried the name PGE, category: utilities.
  • jerry9617
    jerry9617 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can correct this?
    ...I have version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100). This was an upgrade under an annual subscription. I have not lost the old data which continues to carry the correct data. But account updates (since the update) showed either "deposit" or "withdrawal". After correcting a withdrawal top read PGE Utilities, all subsequent downloads read PGE - utilities.

I downloaded a test file and every entry carried the name PGE, category: utilities.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jerry9617 said:
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can correct this?
    ...I have version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100). This was an upgrade under an annual subscription. I have not lost the old data which continues to carry the correct data. But account updates (since the update) showed either "deposit" or "withdrawal". After correcting a withdrawal top read PGE Utilities, all subsequent downloads read PGE - utilities.

Hello @jerry9617,     

I am sorry to hear about these ongoing issues with missing transaction information. Thank you for working with us on this issue. 

Are there additional details that are missing from your new downloaded transactions that you are seeking (besides the utility category and the name on the transaction)? Also, what are you seeing when you navigate to Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules in the upper menu at the top of the screen? Does information appear to be missing or inacurrate? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.